Contemporary Art Gallery
May 1, 2018
The Contemporary Art Gallery is Vancouver’s longest standing independent public art gallery dedicated to the research, exhibition, education and documentation of contemporary visual art as it is practiced locally through to internationally. It aspires to generate significant audiences for its innovative and diverse programs through free access and a profile that is international in scope. CAG aims to be perceived as a producer and transmitter of new ideas and activities, as a container for artistic experience. Radiating out from our center in Vancouver, our program seeks to signify an understanding of art as something of meaning in our daily lives, asserting a continuum, enmeshed within and of significance to all other experiences.
For more information about the CAG, please visit www.contemporaryartgallery.ca.
The Contemporary Art Gallery is seeking a Marketing and Communications Assistant to provide crucial support towards marketing, press and publicity campaigns for our summer and fall exhibitions including the successful promotion of related programming and annual fundraising events. The Marketing and Communications Assistant will perform these duties during a 14 week period at 35 hours per week. The position will be conducted in English and will begin May 28, 2018 to August 31, 2018.
This summer student position is subject to funding approval from Young Canada Works. Applicants must be a full-time student in the semester immediately preceding June, returning to school full-time in the fall and be between 16 and 30 years old at the start of employment. Eligible applicants must also be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have official refugee protection status, be legally eligible to work in BC, not have another full time job (30+hours/week) and be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory (www.youngcanadaworks.gc.ca).Occasional evenings may be required.
Duties will include
- Planning, development and delivery of press, publicity and social media marketing campaigns for exhibitions, events, learning and outreach programs
- Documentation and filing of press cuttings
- Creation of content and campaigns for e-newsletters and social media streams
- Promotion of exhibitions and events via CAG website, online listings and posters
- Work with CAG curatorial team to research and create content for the CAG archive and blog
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and attributes
- A background or demonstrated interest in visual arts, communications, marketing or related disciplines
- Enrolled in a post-secondary education institution in a communications or visual arts program
- Must be able to work in a PC office environment using Word and Excel
- Careful attention to detail and creative problem solving
- Solution-driven with the ongoing desire to make things more effective and efficient
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct analysis and strategize
- Experience working in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF via email with the subject Marketing and Communications Assistant Application to email@example.com. Please indicate how you meet the student eligibility requirements for this position.
$15.00 per hour, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits.
Contact Name: Shayla Perreault
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org