Mar. 2, 2018
The PuSh International Performing Arts Festival is one of Vancouver’s signature cultural events. Produced over three weeks each January, the PuSh Festival presents groundbreaking work in the live performing arts: theatre, dance, music, and various forms of multimedia and hybrid performance. The next edition of the PuSh Festival takes place January 15 to February 3, 2019 at venues across Vancouver.
Each year, the PuSh Festival presents Main Stage shows, Club PuSh shows, an industry conference called PuSh Assembly, a free film series, artist workshops, artist talks and many other ancillary events. In all, the PuSh Festival offers over 150 paid and free events over the course of 20 days. The Festival draws an annual attendance of 25,000 to 30,000 and is beloved by Vancouverites as a highlight of the cultural calendar for its daring programming.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This year-round, 3/4-time position is a unique opportunity for a keen and passionate individual to make a meaningful contribution to one of Vancouver’s most significant cultural organizations.
This position is responsible for working with the Communications Director to conceive and produce an integrated marketing, sales and communication strategy that includes an audience development program and ticket sales initiatives. In a collaborative environment you will develop and execute a highly targeted digital strategy, including generating and writing content, that is optimized to advance the organization’s strategic priorities, while supporting our brand identity, visual design and style guidelines. The position is responsible for managing of our digital assets which include website, online ticketing systems, email campaigns and social media accounts.
Reporting to the Communications Director, and working closely with the Audience Services, Development and Curatorial departments, you will be part of a high-performing, collaborative, vibrant and highly engaged staff. Beyond the realm of the digital, you will participate with our tight-knit team in various PuSh Festival activities, events and meetings. This is a permanent position that is full-time from September to March, and part-time from April to August.
• Work in cooperation with communications department staff to develop an integrated marketing, sales and communication strategy, with objectives and timelines, that includes an audience development program and ticket sales initiatives.
• Develop and execute online content strategy, in collaboration with the Communications Director, other staff and external partners.
• Coordinate, write and edit online content, including blog article and email marketing campaigns.
• Assist development and implementation of online ticketing systems, in consultation with Communications Director and Audience Services Manager.
• Manage and maintain website content and functions, in consultation with Communications Director, other staff and web developers.
• Manage social media accounts, including blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
• Manage digital marketing campaigns and budgets, including Google AdWords, Facebook ads.
• Plan and execute email campaigns in support of marketing and fundraising goals.
• Measure and analyze performance of digital strategies, including web metrics.
You have previous experience in communications and/or marketing roles, and have an interest and understanding of digital marketing fundamentals. Maybe you have mid-level digital marketing experience outside the arts and are looking to expand your network. Maybe you are an arts administrator with a background in project management and curating the customer experience looking to hone your natural affinity for marketing. Wherever you are coming from, you are looking to apply your talents to an organization with attitude that isn’t afraid to experiment. You are passionate about relationship building, strategic thinking, social impact and being part of an exceptionally high-performing team that also throws some of the best parties in town.
You are professional, outgoing, creative and resourceful. You are organized, results-oriented and pay attention to deadlines. You must be an excellent writer, a persuasive communicator, and a strategic thinker with a knack for understanding the bigger picture. You enjoy the performing arts as much as you enjoy learning and being part of a generous, collaborative team. You have top-notch computer skills: experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, and integrated ticketing and marketing systems are big assets.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “PuSh Digital Communications Coordinator” by 5pm on Friday, March 2, 2018.
In your cover letter, let us know what excites you about the working with the PuSh Festival, and tell us why this position is the right step for you and your career at this time. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. PuSh is an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact Name: Hiring Committee
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org