Port Moody Arts Centre
Mar. 30, 2018
Housed in the historic Old City Hall and Appleyard House buildings in the heart of Port Moody, the Port Moody Arts Centre is a cultural hub for arts and education. With a mission to promote participation in the arts, we offer a full range of visual, ceramic, theatre, music, and media arts programming for people of all ages and experience levels to explore their creativity. The Arts Centre is also home a public art gallery, showcasing the work of emerging and established artists in a variety of mediums through a professionally curated exhibition program. Celebrating our 20th anniversary, we aim to engage a diverse public and build a culturally richer and more vibrant Port Moody—City of the Arts.
The Port Moody Arts Centre is seeking organized, motivated, and resourceful applicants for the position of Research & Marketing Development Assistant. This is a full-time summer student position that supports the Art Centre’s marketing and community outreach initiatives.
This summer student position is subject to Canada Summer Jobs funding. Applicants must be between 19 and 30 years of age at the start of employment and be a full-time student returning to full-time studies in the next academic year.
Employment window: April 23 – September 1. Actual start/end dates will fall within this period.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Research & Marketing Development Assistant will work independently to assess local needs and develop strategies for meeting these needs through programming and community engagement.
Focusing on research and development, duties include the following:
• Research the demographics of Port Moody and the surrounding area, as well as analyze customer historical data for classes and events with the goal of clearly defining the Arts Centre’s target audience for outreach and marketing campaigns
• Conduct surveys to gather information on community and customer interest with particular emphasis on underrepresented groups, including youth, visible minorities, and seniors
• Help develop and design a marketing toolkit for instructors, including sample emails, social media templates, and graphics to encourage them to promote their own classes
• Research signage and associated funding opportunities to update the Arts Centre’s outdoor signage and improve our visual presence in the community
• Assist in the development and organization of a photo library for communications, promotion, and marketing purposes
• Collaborate on the design, production, and distribution of promotional videos for publication on YouTube and other appropriate online channels as a marketing strategy
• Assist in the research and development of other projects on an as-need basis
• Post-secondary student whose course of study focuses on arts administration, communications, marketing, or related field
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, with experience in report writing
• Strong organization and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities
• Creative problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Advanced creative thinking, analytical, and research skills with the ability to take initiative
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), photo-editing software, and web applications an asset
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
• Must have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for the duration of the employment
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
• This position requires the completion of a successful criminal background check prior to commencing employment
How to Apply:
Please email your application according to the following guidelines:
• PDF format only with your COVER LETTER and RESUME in the same document
• Please put the title of the job you are applying to, followed by your name in the subject line
• Email to: ProgramMgr@pomoarts.ca
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 30, 2018.
$13.50/hour; 35-hour work week.
Contact Email: ProgramMgr@pomoarts.ca