Coastal Jazz & Blues Society
Mar. 15, 2018
Founded in 1985 and incorporated in 1986 as a community-based, not-for-profit, charitable arts organization located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Coastal Jazz and Blues Society, ranks as BC’s largest non-profit music presenter, producing the annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival, the Bright Moments Series, and year-round concerts. Along with music presentation, the Society also has a long-standing commitment to music education.
Our mission is to increase the appreciation of the music, and to strengthen the arts community by developing special projects, artistic exchanges, partnerships, educational initiatives, community programs, and collaborations that further the art form. Our vision encompasses a wide spectrum of jazz, blues, world, creative, and improvised music, including evolving forms of jazz and the technologies and media that influence jazz as an art form.
Coastal Jazz is seeking an individual to assist our Volunteer Coordinator in all aspects of volunteer management for our annual festival. To ensure your consideration for this role you will possess knowledge of volunteer best practices and tools. An organized individual with exceptional attention to detail, you will have proven time management skills, and strong computer competency. You have a well-rounded personality with impressive interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
This is a contact position from April 1st to July 6th. The position is part time in April/May, and full time (or more) in June/July.
The responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in promoting the volunteer program, recruiting new volunteers and facilitating returning volunteers via social media, job boards, and activating community connections
• Assist with document creation and maintenance
• Use BetterImpact software to create schedules and organize all volunteers
• Communicate information effectively to staff and volunteers via email, volunteer software, flyers, telephone, Festival hotline, etc
• Assist in scheduling replacement volunteers when shift cancellations occur
Training + Supervising
• Assist in creating all Festival volunteer packages components including: assigning volunteer tickets, creating info insert pages, gathering T-shirts and other materials
• Assist in training of volunteer crew chiefs, schedulers and other volunteers
• Assist in monitoring volunteer performances
• Assist in coordinating and executing Festival wrap party
• Record volunteer evaluations in BetterImpact
• Create a written report at the end of contract
• Experience with BetterImpact (as an administrator or volunteer) strongly preferred
• Previous volunteer coordinating and volunteer experience strongly preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills. Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Gmail, Apple Software required
• Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Strong time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Availability to work flexible hours when needed to meet deadlines
• Appreciation of diversity
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign an asset
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter, subject line “Volunteer Coordinator Assistant Application” to our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you're the perfect addition to our team.
Contact Email: email@example.com