Indian Summer Arts Society
Apr. 10, 2018
Indian Summer is a Vancouver-based non-profit arts society. Founded in 2011, we produce the annual multi-arts festival, Indian Summer, as well as program year-round events that aim to normalize diversity both on and off stage.
Contribute your fabulous social media skills to engage and strategize as part of the Indian Summer Arts Society team as we present one of Vancouver’s most inclusive and dynamic arts — Indian Summer Festival.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned as required)
- Develop and help execute insightful social media strategy/campaigns over all platforms (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) for ISF 2018.
- Produce a bi-weekly calendar of posts across all platforms to target potential ticket buyers, and engage the community at large
- Monitor media, identify potential editorial opportunities and work with the Communications Manager to • develop strategies
- Actively produce high quality content in coordination with Communications Manager and Designer
- Define, champion and continually improve the brand voice
- Respond to comments/reviews on any social media platform
- Ensure that followers, engagement and reach are trending upward
- Cultivate and maintain social media influencer relationships and discover new micro personalities to leverage brand and drive engagement
- Review and report on the effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Develop and manage social contests
- Post-secondary education in social media, communications, public relations, the fine arts, or related field
- City-wide arts knowledge and experience engaging with South Asian communities
- Minimum 1 - 2 years experience working in a related role with established influencer relationships
- Professional experience with managing multiple social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram essential
- Exceptional organization, project management, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Photography skills considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekend events as required to capture content
How to Apply:
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to Justin Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org
$5,000 contract begins in April through until late-July // Payment: 25% upon signing; 25% in June; 50% upon completion in late July // Time commitment: Tuesdays, 10am in-office team meeting ~15-20/week until mid-June; ~20-30 hours/week June 15 – July 5; July 5-14 average 40 hours/week.