Apr. 28, 2018
The Director of Marketing is a member of the senior Leadership Team and will lead, plan, direct and implement short and long term strategies for all marketing and communications on behalf of the Vancouver Opera, and for event and institutional marketing, press and public relations. He/she is will be specifically accountable for maximizing ticket sales revenue, maximizing attendance to performances, overseeing excellent customer service; and directing the company’s external communication, publicity and public relations plan to ensure that the company’s brand and reputation are secured.
Marketing & Communications
• Oversee the communication and implementation of the company’s brand and marketing strategy to all key stakeholders. Act as the official spokesperson for the company and is the primary liaison between the company and the media.
• Oversee the company’s internal and external communications plans, including overall branding, website, press and marketing materials, photography, and social media activities.
• Assisting General Director in implementing specific Advocacy initiatives.
• Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies for the company’s single and subscription tickets.
• Develop the Festival brand. Identify and attract audiences for this event.
• Manage direct mail and other sales campaigns, including telemarketing, web sales, ticket and centre.
• Work with General Director and Director of Development to manage and align branding, communications, and public relations to cultivate subscribers and donor bases.
• Manage the policy development, strategic decisions and administration of the Ticket Centre
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Development by providing ticket sales revenue and attendance metrics to assist with fundraising efforts
• In consultation with the Ticket Centre Manager/Data Analyst: 1) Develop pricing strategies that drive attendance and ticket sales, and advances the company's vision and mission and meet earned income goals; 2) Develop and monitor and report on revenue projections and implement dynamic pricing strategies to maximize revenue; 3) Develop processes to create and maintain efficient customer service and ticketing services including box office, group sales and front-of-house operations, comp ticket policies, telesales; 4) Ensure that Vancouver Opera provides a first-in-class customer service experience across all aspects of call centre, ticketing, and box office operation; 5) Track, analyze and evaluate and report on subscription, single ticket and group sales trends and communicate appropriate adjustments to marketing strategies to achieve attendance and revenue goals.
Human Resources & Finance
• Prepare sustainable and responsible annual revenue and expense budgets in collaboration with the Finance Department. Routinely review projections and budget vs. actual results to achieve effective cost monitoring and marketing strategy reviews.
• Supervise and mentor department staff, including Marketing Manager, ticket centre staff, telesales staff, social media staff, press staff and volunteers, and conduct annual goal setting and performance reviews.
• Proven experience in marketing and branding, and successful implementation of a wide range of marketing techniques and tools in branding, advertising, market research, internet, new media, social media and technology.
• In-depth experience and proven success with maximizing ticket sales, and managing a team in a marketing department
• Proven experience managing a standalone revenue and expense budget.
• Experience and knowledge in media production technologies and operations.
• Knowledge of the media sector locally and nationally.
• Familiarity with a ticket inventory software, with preference for Tessitura (including analytics and reporting tools);
• Ability to write effectively and in excellent English.
Collaborative Leader and Communicator
• Ability to manage and work with diverse group of personalities and work collaboratively with all key stakeholders. A proven manager of both people and projects
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, high EQ, and the ability to lead and manage change. Listens, mentors, and respect abilities of others.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to all key stakeholders.
• Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the performing arts, and committed to the vision of the Vancouver Opera
• Problem solver and outstanding critical thinking skills in analyzing and processing data to develop and implement strategic marketing plans
• Confident, proactive, creative, and energetic.
• Organized and deadline-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail and completes what is started.
• Adaptable to rapid changing environments and ability to make informed decisions in a timely fashion.
• Bachelor's degree with a major in business, marketing & sales.
• Proficient with technology, including word processing, image management programs, and the Tessitura database (including analytics and reporting tools);
• Proficient with budgeting and expense monitoring
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a personalized cover letter and résumé in one document to Catriona Cheng, Chief Financial Officer, at email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 28, 2018
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
$90,000 - $110,000
Contact Name: Catriona Cheng
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org