Vancouver International Wine Festival
Mar. 31, 2018
The Vancouver International Wine Festival—Canada’s premier wine show—has a mandate to produce exciting wine events that inform, educate and entertain wine enthusiasts and trade professionals in the world of wine; act as a premier marketing opportunity for the participating wineries, agents, sponsors, restaurants and partners; and raise funds for our charity, Bard on the Beach.
This part-time position with approximately 14 - 21 hours or 2 - 3 days a week in office and will require some additional flexibility in schedule during the week of the festival (February 23-March 3, 2019) and certain times during the year. There would also be some off-site visits to events during the festival to collect monies & to assist staff. The ideal candidate will be a team player, have an eye for detail and good communication skills. The position would start April 10, 2018.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining financial functions:.
• Full set of books, including AR, AP, Payroll and remittances.
• Preparation of T4’s & T4A’s, GST, WCB/Worksafe and summaries.
• Preparation of finance reports for reconciliation for staff, management and/or board of the Society.
• Distributing monthly G/L reports and fielding any questions from various departments.
• Reports to the Box Office Manager and must also take guidance from the Accountant and the Executive Director.
• Completion of post-secondary education.
• At least two year’s work experience in full set of books (handling A/R, A/P, Payroll, General Journal, and General Ledger in two fiscal years including year-end)
• Candidate needs to have at least completed module 1 to 5.2 in CPA prep courses or level 3 CGA education or equivalent.
• Payroll experience and working experience of Simply Accounting is required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
• Experience with non-profit &/or charity organizations is an asset.
• Able to work independently and with a team.
• Must have good written and spoken English
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jaqueline Schwarz at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Based on experience and negotiable or within a range of $18-$22/hr based on experience.
Contact Name: Jaqueline Schwarz
Contact Email: email@example.com