Port Moody Arts Centre Society
Mar. 18, 2018
The Port Moody Arts Centre Society is a not-for-profit community arts organization mandated to develop, promote, and celebrate the visual, performing, and literary arts in Port Moody. The Society operates the Port Moody Arts Centre, a centre of excellence for artistic practice and education located in the historic Old City Hall and Appleyard House buildings. With a mission to promote participation in the arts, the Arts Centre offers over 380 classes annually for people of all ages and experience levels to explore their creativity in a variety of artistic disciplines, including visual, ceramic, theatre, and media arts, as well as private music lessons for more than 170 students. The Arts Centre is also home to a contemporary art gallery, showcasing the work of local, national, and international artists through a professionally curated exhibition program. In addition, the Arts Centre hosts several community and fundraising events, such as the celebrated annual Girls Night Out.
Committed to bringing positive arts experiences to the community, the Port Moody Arts Centre Society is a registered charitable society governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, managed by a General Manager, and run by a dedicated team of staff and instructors.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for planning and overseeing the community and fund raising events of the Port Moody Arts Centre.
The Event Coordinator position is a permanent part-time position averaging 20 hours per week. Hours will include evening/weekend hours depending on the event.
- Plan and oversee the community and fundraising events of the Arts Centre
- Provide leadership in the effective management of events including:
- Budget development and monitoring
- Venue and performer research and booking
- Secure sponsorship and in-kind donations
- Ticket promotion and sales
- Develop and design promotional material with our Graphic Designer
- Plan art activities for community events with the assistance of our Program Manager
- Identify required volunteer resources
- Ensure event planning documentation is up to date
- Complete post-event reviews including financials and recommendations for the event in the future.
- Develop new events to promote the Arts Centre
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Skills and Proven Abilities:
- Proven track record of delivering successful community and/or fundraising events
- Ability to manage multiple events simultaneously with exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A valid driver’s license and use of a person car is required
- This position requires the completion of a successful criminal background check prior to commencing employment
- The wage for this position is $19.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay March 18, 2018
How to Apply:
Applications, including a resume and cover letter to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title of the job, followed by your name in the subject line
Deadline for applications is Sunday March 18, 2018
We thank everyone who applies. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The wage for this position is $19.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay