Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts.
Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is under the artistic leadership of Jovanni Sy.
We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
Gateway Theatre is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented individual to fill the position of FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER and CONCESSION SERVER, working with the Audience Services team to provide patron service and volunteer supervision.
Depending on your shift, you will fulfill one of the roles at any given time.
This is a casual position and shifts vary from month to month.
The busiest time of the year is September to June, with shifts slowing significantly over the summer and in January.
Most work hours will take place in the late afternoon and evenings, including weekends.
As FOH Manager you will:
- Efficiently coordinate the front of house during events, liaising with box office attendants and backstage crew to ensure the prompt and smooth operation of show start times and intermissions.
- Supervise volunteers and concession staff.
- Trouble-shoot any challenges that may arise during an event or performance and document them.
As Concession Server you will:
- Serve snacks and beverages to theatre patrons in a fun, fast=paced environment under the direction of the Front of House Manager.
- Ensure proper accounting and controls of concession products, reconciling cash and credit sales at the beginning and end of shifts.
In both positions you will:
- Uphold Gateway policies and procedures, including health & safety procedures and food & beverage policies.
- Represent Gateway in a professional, inclusive and welcoming manner at all times.
- Prior FOH management or other service experience in the arts and cultural sector.
- Experience leading volunteers.
- Outstanding customer experience and communication skills.
- Friendly, flexible and enthusiastic about sharing live performance.
- Comfortable working alone and are able to lift heavy supplies on occasion.
- Over 19 years of age with a valid “Serving It Right” certificate plus first aid training (OFA Level One).
- Fluent in English (Cantonese or Mandarin language skills are an asset but not required).
How to Apply:
To apply, email Lucy Pratt-Johnson, Audience Services Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in your application.
$16/hour as FOH Manager, $14.50/hour as Concession Server
Contact Name: Lucy Pratt-Johnson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 604-270-6500