Carousel Theatre for Young People
May 6, 2018 (5:00 p.m.)
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) provides playful, exceptional and accessible theatrical experiences that inspire, involve and educate. Each season approximately 40 000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s diverse programming and activities, which include a professional Mainstage season of Literary Classics, The BEE Stage, the Teen Shakespeare Program, and a robust year-round Drama School for young people.
Reporting to the Marketing and Education Manager, the Marketing and Education Summer Associate (MESA) assists in the coordination of marketing, audience engagement, and educational initiatives for CTYP’s BEE Stage Theatre for the Very Young, Teen Shakespeare Program (a summer pre-professional training and performance program for emerging teen actors), and drama school programs including end-of-term showcases and summer camps. This is a full time position (40 hours per week) for 14 weeks. Contract dates are anticipated to be May 28-September 1, 2018. Evenings and weekends are required. This position is contingent upon funding by Canada Summer Jobs and the successful candidate must meet the criteria listed below.
• Researching and drafting written, online, and on-site educational engagement resources and activities for young people and families
• Drafting and distributing marketing and social media promotional materials
• Creating and staffing an audience engagement booth for public events
• Staffing on-site operations at the Teen Shakespeare Program performance site
• Organizing a special evening for drama school families at Teen Shakespeare
• Providing ticket and course registration sales support
• Providing administrative and classroom support to drama school programs
• Other duties as required
• Previous experience in theatre, communications and marketing, event coordination, and/or education
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, major social media platforms
• Ability to take initiative, thrive in a busy team environment and work full-time hours
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program which requires candidates to:
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
• Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
• Be a full-time student who is returning to full-time studies in the fall
• Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
• Not have another full-time job
• Be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week
• Not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 6, 2018 at 5:00pm.
$13.50 per hour.