Caravan World Rhythms Society
Apr. 23, 2018
Founded in the year 2000, Caravan World Rhythms is a dynamic and progressive Vancouver-based presenter and promoter of a year-round series of culturally diverse music and dance performances, thematic cultural festivals, and educational events featuring artists from BC, Canada and around the world. Our annual series of 15-20 events may include Spanish Flamenco dance and music group, a 20-person South African choir, traditional Persian or Indian Music maestros, contemporary West African band, a Korean percussion ensemble, a Balkan dance party, or Indigenous hip-hop performers. Please visit our web-site, www.caravanbc.com for more info about our organization
Working closely with the Managing Artistic Director, you will be responsible for promoting the organization’s brand, building relationships with our audiences and various stakeholders, as well as marketing our year-round series of events. You may also support our grant-writing and other resource development tasks. The ideal candidate has a background in communications and marketing, including event promotions, media relations, social media, digital strategy, and website management. You are a creative and strategic thinker with strong project management skills, and the ability to work independently and with a team.
You will be responsible for:
MARKETING and COMMUNICATIONS (80%) – Main Priority
- Develop and implement a general communications plan and digital marketing strategy for Caravan, to increase its general presence and relevance in the community.
- Coordinate design of marketing materials with graphic designer.
- Plan and Implement Caravan’s ongoing social media activities, building online presence.
- Maintain and update the Caravan website, and produce regular email newsletters.
- Plan and implement offline and online advertising activities.
- Identify and reach out to communities and organizations relevant to each Caravan event, organizing cross-promotions, special offers, contests, etc…
- Manage physical distribution of event marketing materials, such as posters, flyers, and tickets.
PROPOSAL AND GRANT-WRITING (15%) – Secondary Priority
- Support resource development activities, including researching and writing government/foundation grant and corporate sponsorship proposals.
- Support communication activities with Caravan Board of directors and volunteers
VOLUNTEER & EVENT MANAGEMENT (5%) – Third Priority
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers for work leading up to, and at events: poster distribution, front-of-house, ticket-selling, artist hospitality, and transportation, as needed. Not required for all events.
- Support any other event management logistics as needed.
- Minimum 3 years working in marketing, proposal-writing and event management related activities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, adaptable to a variety of contexts.
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing and advertising techniques and strategies (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, etc…)
- Some graphic design knowledge preferable, or experience supervising contract graphic designers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Have a fully-functioning home office.
- Strong knowledge of Vancouver arts and culture scene.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities.
- Enjoy reaching out to people in the community, from media, to businesses, artists and volunteers.
- Passion for the music, dance, and cultures from around the world
How to Apply:
TO APPLY: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resume and a cover letter referencing the job description, and why you would like to work for Caravan World Rhythms.
$22-$25/hour based on skills and experience. Flexible 15-20 hours/week to start, with room to grow over time.
Contact Name: Robert Benaroya
Contact Email: email@example.com