Indian Summer Arts Society
May 1, 2018
Indian Summer is a Vancouver-based non-profit arts society. Founded in 2011, we produce the annual multi-arts festival, Indian Summer, as well as program year-round events that aim to normalize diversity both on and off stage.
Indian Summer Festival strives for meaningful employment that reflects the range of diverse communities and interests that we speak to in our programming. We encourage applications from people of colour, Indigenous people, women, gender diverse people, queer people, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant people, and people with disabilities. Our office is regrettably not wheelchair accessible.
You are passionate about the arts and inclusion, and are enthusiastic to match our artistic and organizational ambitions with the necessary financial resources. We are looking for a candidate with great energy and enthusiasm to carry out sponsorship activations and donor benefits through our production season.
You have strong communications and project management skills, the ability to work independently and with a team to meet tight deadlines. You will work closely with our core team.
Some schedule flexibility.
- Building relationships with existing donors and sponsors, and ensuring a rich experience, inclusive of donor recognition, reward and feedback;
- Maintaining year-round communications with funders, including written reports, funder surveys and in-person meetings. Maintaining and fulfilling an accurate list of funder benefits;
- Preparing, presenting and fulfilling comprehensive and tailored sponsorship recognition/benefits and activating comprehensive sponsorship partnerships;
- Undertaking special fundraising events;
- Implementing a donor relations and annual membership program;
- Establishing procedures for the tracking and qualifying of planned gift/major gift prospects and supporting these procedures through careful record keeping;
- Representing the organization at all donor related activities. This includes festival events, as well as other community events.
- Fundraising, sponsorship or donor relations experience, ideally in arts and/or charity
- Strong leadership, communications and project management skills
- Personable, articulate, respectful and professional
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- Invested in the South Asian community an asset
- Passionate about arts and culture in Vancouver as asset
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Laura Byspalko at: laura(at)indiansummerfest(dot)ca with the position in the title, explaining why you're the perfect addition to our team.