Emily Carr University of Art & Design
Mar. 19, 2018
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Emily Carr University of Art + Design is a world leader in education and research. Encouraging experimentation at the intersection of art, design, media and technology, our learning community merges studio practice, research, and critical theory in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. Alumni and faculty are internationally recognized as award-winning creators and thought leaders who have significant impact on both the cultural sector and economy. Emily Carr University engages students, industry, and society to continuously explore and think differently about creativity and how it shapes our world. Located in beautiful and culturally rich Vancouver, British Columbia, the University attracts more than 1800 students from 60 countries to our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Permanent Full-Time Position
8:30am to 4:30pm / Monday to Friday
Applications are invited for an Administrative Assistant provides administrative support in the day-to-day operation of the University Advancement and Communications Office. Must be willing to work occasional shift work (evenings/weekends), extra hours as required and to work as part of a team.
1 Provides administrative support for the University Advancement and Communications Departments. Arranges appointments and meetings, drafts correspondence, conducts research relating to special projects, and enters actions and information into Raiser’s Edge. Takes notes from team meetings and compiles action lists in Basecamp.
2 Assists the communication team with publishing content to various platforms, including social media networks and university websites.
3 Processes invoices and payments for both departments and prepares and monitors purchase orders and payment vouchers. Orders office supplies and reconciles visa statements and petty cash.
4 Responsible for processing, tracking, and following up with donations, pledges and awards. Issues receipts, drafts correspondence for signature, and prepares donations for deposit.
5 Provides support for University events initiated by the University Advancement + Communications Departments, such as the Annual Campaign, Donor recognition reception, Award Competitions, Juries, etc. Compiles invitation lists, sends invitations, and responds to RSVPs.
6 Assists the Executive Director, University Advancement + Events by preparing Board packages for the Foundations Board, including creating meeting agendas, and taking accurate minutes.
7 Maintains accurate filing systems for the University Advancement + Communications Office. Photocopies and files material as necessary.
8 Provides administrative support for a variety of Advancement + Communications initiatives such as maintaining accurate email lists, mailings, correspondence, bookkeeping for Associations, and facilities bookings.
• Grade 12 plus relevant post-secondary courses in business, accounting, and fundraising.
• Minimum two years’ office and administrative experience working in a fundraising environment.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
• Experience working on special events, sponsorship development, and dealing with Volunteers and Donors.
• Experience in communications or marketing is an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision, as well as effectively as part of a team.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent database) is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience interacting effectively with donors, alumni/membership, volunteers, and internal stakeholders.
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Wordpress, Basecamp is preferred.
• Working knowledge of CRA requirements and bookkeeping as they pertain to charities an asset.
• Ability to network and to follow-up on sponsorships opportunities, including negotiating small sponsorships and partnerships agreements, excluding major gifts.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, including evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this job, please visit https://ecuad.peopleadmin.ca. Competition closes on Monday, 19 March 2018
$40,773 to $43,652 per annum