Rosario Ancer Flamenco Arts Society (Flamenco Rosario)
Apr. 15, 2018
Flamenco Rosario (Rosario Ancer Flamenco Arts Society) is an organization devoted to supporting the creative vision of its Artistic Director, Rosario Ancer, to bring high quality flamenco performances to the public, develop greater audiences for flamenco, provide the public with educational opportunities about flamenco, and increase cross cultural understanding and cooperation through the arts.
The company presents programs throughout the year and produces an annual flamenco festival.
The organization is seeking an Administrative Manager who will represent and speak on behalf of Flamenco Rosario as required. Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Administrative Manager will be accountable for the coordination and execution of all administrative duties to ensure smooth business operations, effective resource development and will assist in the delivery of productions and programs of Flamenco Rosario.
This is a part-time, contract position of a minimum of 20 hours per week with additional hours during our festival.
Reporting to: The Artistic Director
• Assists the Artistic Director with the administration of Flamenco Rosario.
• Receives and processes all correspondence;
• Maintain files and office supplies;
• Maintain database and office systems
• Recruits volunteer and other staff as required
• Responsible for maintaining job postings and audition/press release and all other related reading materials to the public.
• Ensures that the procedures manuals for the operations of Flamenco Rosario are up to date;
• Assist with tour related logistics as arising and related correspondence as requested.
• Assist the Artistic Director with maintaining schedules
• Maintain all social media, website and issuing of newsletter and other membership related items
• Oversees licenses, regulatory filings and memberships
• Maintains financial records in conjunction with the Accountant;
• Assists with generating and disseminating invoices, accounts payable and with processing bills and invoices;
• Prepares and processes deposits, cheques
• Other book-keeping duties as required under direction of Accountant.
• Liaise with Accounting Service for annual review, tax and other services
• Coordinates annual financial review in preparation for AGM
• Oversees payroll for staff and contractors
• Records donations and prepares tax receipts
• Works with Artistic Director in budgeting process, creating and maintaining
Supports Flamenco Rosario’s grant writer with information and support for the timely delivery of grants and reports
THE FESTIVAL COORDINATOR: Administrator will assist in all aspects of festival planning, production and execution. To include but not limited to:
Coordinate program advertising, create and maintain Contact List, create and oversee all festival contract, receive and processes all correspondence, provide on-site assistance during all events, coordinate all in-house marketing and publicity as well as supervise contracted consultants, ensure proper documentation of the festival, insurance coverage, tickets and box office coordination, supervise volunteers.
It is expected that the incumbent will:
• Demonstrate initiative and follows through on assignments or ideas with a strong customer service approach.
• Be punctual and precise in executing duties;
• Contribute to the creation of a user friendly environment for the benefit of patrons, members and office staff;
• Work as required with committee members and volunteers;
Software – Mac based organization
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, Illustrator)
• Video editing with iMovie
• All social media apps
• 3 years experience in non-profit arts administration with knowledge of the dance milieu is an asset, but not required.
• Ability to build productive relationships with artists, administrative personnel, board members, volunteers, private and public sector funders, political and community leaders and members of the public.
• Good oral and written communication skills. English is the organization’s primary working language, but knowledge of Spanish would also be an asset.
• Good working knowledge of budgeting and financial record keeping; the company retains a professional accounting service.
• Ability to design and implement development and marketing strategies.
• Keen interest in dance, especially flamenco and prepared to be fully committed to helping Flamenco Rosario grow and develop.
How to Apply:
Applications should include:
• A resume or CV
• A letter of expression of interest in the position
• Writing sample: relating to marketing/communications, (i.e.. newsletter, press release)
• 3 references
To apply, please email materials to:
Anticipated starting date: April 15, 21018
Deadline: March 15, 2018
Remuneration: $22.00 per hour.