Out Innerspace Dance Theatre and Film
Mar. 23, 2018
Out Innerspace Dance Theatre (OIS) was founded in 2007, by Artistic Directors David Raymond and Tiffany Tregarthen with the dual aims of creating and producing meaningful contemporary dance performances and filling a gap in the Vancouver contemporary dance training landscape.
Out Innerspace creates and tours small and medium scale dance works nationally and internationally. With a focus in theatrical and interdisciplinary work they often integrate video and light as scenography and have a passion for inventive, virtuosity movement language.
Modus Operandi is the operational name of Out Innerspace's professional post secondary contemporary dance program that engages over 30 young artists from across Canada and the world. The four year curriculum is lead by local and international established Dance Artists and Educators and MO alumni perform with over 40 companies.
Out Innerspace Dance Theatre seeks a part-time Administration and Marketing Assistant, we are looking for someone who is highly organized and can multi task a number of operational duties. This position will support the General Manager, Associate Director and Artistic Directors.
This is predominantly a daytime/office role, with the occasional need for evening work to help at an evening performance (3 or 4 times per year).
Out Innerspace is managed by New Works, so the successful candidate will be based in the New Works office.
1) Book studio space for the education program, rehearsals and creation.
2) Manage registrations for the education programs and liaise with current and potential participants.
3) Invoice for MO program fees and other accounts receivable, process MO instructor invoices, studio rental and other accounts payable.
4) Manage program calendars and studio bookings.
5) Respond to general inquiries and emails.
6) Coordinate publicity creation and distribution.
7) Coordinating social media presence and content, and newsletters & mailing list management.
8) General filing and data management.
9) Help the General Manager with event management for performances, fundraisers and the annual AGM/Winter Party.
10) Support the General Manager to gather data and update documents for government grants.
11) Submit final reports for grants and foundations.
12) Make bank deposits as needed.
13) Administer donations and tax receipts.
14) Other administrative tasks, as required.
1) Interest and experience in working in the arts and not-for-profit sectors is an asset.
2) Excellent communication skills, written and in person.
3) Familiarity and comfort with various social media and digital communication platforms including WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Mailchimp.
4) Proficiency in Office and Google Docs/Sheets.
5) An ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
6) Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize and handle a large volume of work with multiple conflicting deadlines.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Martin Alldred, General Manager
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
$16 per hour - 20 hours a week - 1 year contract