Vancouver Musicians’ Association Local 145 of AFM
Mar. 28, 2018
The Vancouver Musicians’ Association, Local 145 of the American Federation of Musicians operating as the Canadian Federation of Musicians in Canada is the largest Musicians’ Association in Western Canada representing and advocating for over 117 years, the interests of professional musicians employed throughout mainland British Columbia.
Our 1900 plus member musicians are engaged through freelance contracts and/or various collective agreements. We run an inhouse payroll service ensuring musicians are paid for their services and their pension contributions are sent to the Musicans’ Pension Fund of Canada.
We are seeking a bookkeeper to join our small dedicated team. Reporting to the Secretary and the President of the Board.
Job duties include but not limited to:
• A/R and A/P posting and reconciliations in Quickbooks accounting
• Bank and credit process and related reconciliations.
• Vendor payments, invoicing and in-house staff payroll
• Process weekly musicians’ payroll through electronic fund transfers
• Process musicians’ contributions to Musicians Pension Fund of Canada.
• Budget support, periodic and ad hoc reporting on variance, cash and overall financial position, donation and membership pledge tracking.
• Mandatory filings including GST, CRA, WCB, etc.
• Preparing financial reports for audits and monthly or quarterly reports.
Our ideal candidate:
• Is a motivated self-starter, with at least five (5) years’ accounting experience working in the nonprofit performing arts and entertainment sector.
• Is able to work calmly under tight deadlines.
• Exhibits excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
• Portrays a positive and collaborative approach.
• Is able to build productive relationships with staff, membership, clients and VMA Executive Board.
Supervisory experience will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please forward cover letter and CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and request that any accommodations be noted in cover letter to ensure reasonable preparations may be made.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wage: $24.65 - $28.25 per hour depending on experience, approximately 24-32 hours, 3-4 days per week, health and dental benefits offered following a three-month probationary period. April 1 start date.