Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden Society of Vancouver
Apr. 1, 2018
The Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden Society of Vancouver is a non-profit organization that connects cultures and communities. As a cultural hub, the garden-museum is passionate about connecting people through events, festivals, exhibitions, and programs.
The Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden’s education programs transport students back in time through engaging, interactive, and multi-sensory learning experiences. Topics range from culture, history, arts, and philosophy. Facilitators are able to share and develop teaching skills in an alternative learning environment.
The garden-museum is looking for contract facilitators to deliver education/group programs. Programs are usually delivered on weekdays from 10am to 2:30pm, and facilitators are scheduled from 1.5 to 5 hours per shift. Facilitators report to the Education and Engagement Coordinator. Training is provided.
- Set-up before and clean-up after programs
- Work with Visitor Service staff to welcome groups
- Deliver programs (e.g., storytelling, sharing information, guiding activities, and leading crafts) using lesson plans and tour manual provided
- Ensure safety during programs
- Maintain a professional relationship with visitors, staff, and volunteers
- Friendly, open-minded, and passionate about education and culture
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Comfortable with public speaking and delivering tours/workshops to large groups
- Experienced in teaching or delivering programs to children and people of various ages and backgrounds
- Organized and manage time well
- Adaptable, reliable, and independent
How to Apply:
To apply, please email Tommy Hsiao, Education and Engagement Coordinator, email@example.com with a cover letter and resume outlining your suitability for the position. We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$14 per hour to start.
Contact Name: Tommy Hsiao
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org