City of Surrey Cultural Services
Mar. 21, 2018
The City of Surrey's Historic ReEnactment Program employs professional actors to play characters drawn from real people of Surrey's past. The characters are performed at city festivals and events, in a repertory, ensemble style of theatre. Most performances are outdoors in the summer in found spaces with a high degree of audience participation.
The City of Surrey's Heritage Services Team is seeking a creative, collaborative, and innovative Re-enactment Production Assistant (Community Services Assistant 3) to join the award-winning Re-enactors performance troupe. The position reports to the Heritage Re-enactment Specialist and is an integral component of the team that plans, coordinates and delivers heritage re-enactment performances at festivals and events across the City of Surrey.
- assist to coordinate the planning, delivery and troubleshooting required for historical re-enactment rehearsals and performances at various civic venues
- work collaboratively with staff, contract actors, and various community partners to assist with the coordination, preparation, set-up and presentation of heritage re-enactment performances
- coordinate transportation and delivery of equipment to performance venues
- install and strike technical equipment, tents, set pieces, banners, etc.
- prepare props, equipment and costumes
- source and order supplies and equipment
- distribute promotional materials
- complete various duties, post-production, ensuring props, costumes, set pieces, tents and other equipment are clean, mended and stored properly
- support the documentation and evaluation of performances through accurate statistics, feedback, and photography as required
- provide additional support required for rehearsals and performances
- Completed Grade 12 supplemented by some post-secondary education from a recognized institution, supplemented by 2 years related experience including supervision of cultural work in the are of specialty, or an equivalent training and experience
- a valid drivers license and current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate
How to Apply:
Please go to the City of Surrey Jobs website and apply for posting #2030.
This is a CUPE CSA position. Hourly rate: $22.34. This position is for 400 hours spread over 7 months (April-December) based on the performance schedule and maintenance for these performances. The bulk of the hours will be from April through September and include weekends.