Creative BC Society
Mar. 20, 2018
Creative BC is an independent society created and supported by the Province of BC to sustain and help grow BC’s creative sector, specifically: motion picture; digital and interactive media; music and sound recording; and the magazine and book publishing industries. The society delivers a wide range of programs and services to expand BC’s creative economy. These include the administration of the provincial government’s tax credit programs for film, television, animation and visual effects; development funding and export marketing support; and motion picture production services to attract inward investment and market BC as a destination for domestic and international production. The society acts as an industry catalyst and ambassador to help BC’s creative sector reach its economic and creative potential both at home and globally.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Business Operations, the Office Coordinator plays a unique and pivotal role within Creative BC's highly collaborative and passionate team.
The successful candidate will become responsible for representing our organization as "Front of House", working across the organization to support the day-to-day activities of a busy and creative office environment.
Learn more about this opportunity by visiting https://www.creativebc.com/about-us/employment-opportunities#office-coordinator
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Business Operations, the Office Coordinator will be responsible for all day-to-day general administration of the Creative BC offices, collaborating with the entire team to deliver excellence in service and quality. The Office Coordinator will be uniquely privy to sensitive information and must have the proven integrity to maintain utmost confidentiality.
It will be essential that this individual possess a natural way with people, consummate problem-solving skills, and the ability to create and host an environment that makes a lasting, positive impression. As the first point of contact for anyone who calls in person or by phone, the Office Coordinator makes sure people are cordially and swiftly connected with information, resources and departments to serve their needs.
The Office Coordinator’s role is particularly dynamic and full of variety. This individual takes direction well, thrives under pressure and enjoys multi-tasking. Yet by contrast, this individual also often works autonomously, taking initiative to design, deliver and maintain long-term systems and solutions that improve overall function of the office.
Applicants must possess:
• Superior professional presentation and presence; experience in office administration and
preferably also within a client service role;
• Great communication skills (oral and written) combined with humble self-confidence; a specific capacity for “rising above it all” and devising positive solutions that smooth over any situation or issue; the ability to “put out fires” and point people in the best, most positive direction for all;
• A respectful, proactive and service-oriented style combined with the magical ability to listen
between the lines, fill in the gaps, understand intended meaning and deliver better solutions than envisioned or anticipated by the client;
• A strong focus on organization, systems thinking and designing for simplicity; proven
administrative competency and the ability to maintain effective workflows and processes;
• An ability to learn and use the tools: strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and a propensity for picking up and mastering new digital tools, whether software-as-a-service or databases, CRMS and websites.
How to Apply:
Learn more about this opportunity and apply by visiting https://www.creativebc.com/about-us/employment-opportunities#office-coordinator