Lights Up Musical Theatre Schools
Apr. 1, 2018
At Lights Up, we teach musical theatre fundamentals that help students shine on stage and in all aspects of their lives.
You don’t have to be a budding starlet to benefit from our programs. Theatre is more about the process than the end production. Students learn to work in teams, solve problems, build confidence, be creative, and explore their talents while also making new friends.
Whether your child randomly bursts into song and dance or is shy and needs theatre to find his or her voice, Lights Up is the perfect extracurricular activity.
Lights Up Musical Theatre Schools is seeking Preschool Musical Theatre instructors for our Richmond and South Surrey Locations. Richmond classes are Saturday mornings, and Surrey classes are Saturday mornings and afternoons. These classes are fun-focused and look to develop students' confidence and imagination, while teaching singing, dancing and acting. The positions begin April 7th. Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
* Plan and deliver FUN musical theatre classes to groups of students ages 4-6 years old that include singing, dancing and acting.
* Choose and source own class material.
* Prepare any necessary handouts.
* Prepare students for performances.
* Work in a team with a class-room assistant, and in concert with teachers of other classes.
* Attend performances to help supervise children and guide them through their performance material.
* Attend occasional staff meetings.
* Interact with parents to answer concerns.
* Comment on report cards 2 times per year.
* Post-secondary training in at least one of Singing, Dancing or Acting.
* Training in other disciplines.
* Experience working with children.
* Experience teaching children preferred.
* Performance experience preferred.
* Vulnerable sector background check required.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com ASAP. While the deadline for submission has been set at April 1st, we hope to find the right candidate much sooner than that. Interviews will begin immediately.
$35/hour plus bonuses