Society to Bridge Arts and Community
May 1, 2018
Reporting to the BC Culture Days Manager, the Production Assistant will support the 2018 BC-wide campaign leading up to the Culture Days weekend (Sept. 28-30). Culture Days is an annual pan-Canadian celebration of arts, culture and heritage inviting the public behind the scenes to discover the world of artists and other creative people in their community. Last year, artists, arts organizations and other cultural organizations hosted 600 Culture Days activities in 51 communities across the province.
• Assist with online registration of Culture Days participants.
• Research and update database of outreach and media contacts.
• Package, ship, and distribute promotional materials to participants.
• Deliver promotional materials to venues across Vancouver.
• Assist with set-up and presentation of pop-up events.
• Assist with the creation of social media content.
• Engage with local arts and cultural organizations to encourage registration of Culture Days activities.
• Student participating in a co-op or internship program.
• Must be enrolled as post-secondary student in B.C. in the field of Fine or Performing Arts, Arts Administration, Public Relations, Marketing/Communications or Indigenous Studies.
• Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Required fluency in English.
• Fluency in a second language is an asset.
• Experience with website administration and databases is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Nazanin Shoja, BC Culture Days Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Period: May 14 – August 31, 2018 (35 hrs/week)