Kay Meek Centre
THE KAY MEEK CENTRE in West Vancouver is dedicated to presenting artistic excellence in a range of events including professional theatre, music, dance, film, and youth programming. Our mission is to produce, provide and present performing arts experiences and opportunities for our community and beyond. In addition to producing an exciting season of host events, the Kay Meek Centre is also proud to support various community organizations as a rental venue.
The Kay Meek Centre in West Vancouver seeks an experienced person to fill the positions of Box Office and Front of House Assistant. Reporting to both the Patron Services Manager, and Front of House Manager, this position is responsible for shift coverage during both daytime and evening operating hours (each shift will be either in the Box Office or Front of House).
Front of House
- Act as an ambassador for the Centre offering the highest quality of customer service and presentation.
- Ensure the smooth running and timely start of all events presented at Kay Meek Centre.
- Liaise with Technical staff and when appropriate the event liaison to gather necessary event information.
- Lead and supervise Kay Meek volunteers to help provide high quality customer service
- Assist in setting up, and overseeing the lobby activities
- Help resolve patron concerns
- Aid visitors and coordinate volunteer ushers in the event of an evacuation. Provide first aid response as required.
- Run the Box Office during ticketed events: dealing with in-person sales and handling will call.
- Occasionally run the Box Office during regular Box Office hours (Mon-Friday 10-6) answering phones, selling tickets in-person & over the phone, returning phone messages & emails; assist patrons through web sales
- Process sales in Spektrix; print and prepare ticket mail outs
- Reconcile cash, debit, cheque, and credit card transactions
- Provide patrons with information about events and the centre and offering the highest quality of customer service.
- 1-2 years of experience in Box Office / Front of House in performing arts venues and/or applicable Customer service experience.
- Strong Computer skills; experience in Spektrix ticketing software and/or any ticketing software is a strong asset.
- Experience working with, and/or overseeing volunteers.
- Experience dealing with cash floats, reconciling reports and inventory.
- Certifications: Serving it Right, First Aid Level 1
- Ability to: work under pressure in a fast paced, reactive environment; work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, and weekends; motivate volunteers and staff in a friendly and outgoing manner
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resumé as PDF or Word document, BY EMAIL ONLY.
Kay Meek Centre Email: email@example.com *Please note the position title in the subject line*
$17 Per hour
Contact Name: Mina Khatam
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org