VSO School of Music
May 8, 2018
The VSO School of Music is a new state-of-the-art music school located adjacent to the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Vancouver. The School offers individual instruction by members of the Vancouver Symphony and other educators, a wide range of courses, performance opportunities and other opportunities to interact with VSO musicians and guest artists. The School serves students of all ages, levels and abilities.
The 25,000 square foot facility includes a presentation theatre, 17 separated teaching studios, large ensemble rooms, percussion rooms, 6 practice rooms, 2 classrooms, computer listening stations, and gift shop.
Venue rental information found here: https://vsoschoolofmusic.ca/venue-rental/
Reporting to the Rental Manager, the House Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring a smooth facilitation of rental events at the VSO School of Music. This is a casual on-call position and shifts will vary from month to month. Start time will vary from morning to night, weekday and weekends.
The duties and responsibilities of the House Manager include but are not limited to:
- The execution and management of the front of house for all rentals including all aspects of audience services, stage management and managing technical staff
- Assist in technical & stage set-up when needed
- Preparation of pre and post show reports
- Preparing and maintaining cleanliness of the rentals areas
- Ensure comfort and safety of patrons is maintained during your shift including both pre-show, during performances and post-show
- Confirming Special Occasion License is presented when required and that the client adheres to the applicable by-laws
- Report and follow through on any malfunctions and safety concerns of all rental spaces
- Assist with tear-down and load-out of all rentals and ensure all spaces are returned to normal condition
- Previous experience working in the performing arts or hospitality sector with specific experience in administration, backstage and/or catering an asset
- Exceptional customer service and people management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow event instructions thoroughly
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, handle unexpected situations and problem solve
- Strong leadership and teamwork experience
- Diverse special event experience
- Computer experience in Excel, Word and database systems required
- Ability to work very flexible hours(shift work)
- Must be physically able to lift 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of audio/visual equipment (an asset)*
- Serving It Right (an asset)
- Experience in public speaking (an asset)
*Technical A/V and house recording experience an asset. Including familiarity with PreSonus,
Universal Control and Studio One software. Experience with setting up Mics and/or Projector equipment also an asset.
- Criminal Check through the Vancouver Police Department
- Basic “First Aid I” training through ACT SAFE (provided)
How to Apply:
Please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No phone calls or walk-ins).
Contact Name: Rob Fulton
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 915-9300