Bill Reid Gallery
Apr. 20, 2018
The Bill Reid Gallery is the only public Gallery in Canada dedicated to Indigenous Northwest Coast Art and was established by the Bill Reid Foundation in 2008, to celebrate the Haida master artist Bill Reid (1920 - 1998), and the diverse living cultures of the Northwest Coast.
The Gallery honours Bill Reid by exhibiting the Bill Reid SFU Art Collection, and presenting special exhibitions and programs that build bridges between all peoples, including Indigenous and settler populations. Our mandate is to promote a greater awareness of Indigenous cultures and values.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Associate with an interest in Northwest Coast art and culture to join its dedicated Gallery Shop team. The successful applicant will have well-developed communication skills and comfort working cross culturally assisting visitors to the gallery and customers in the shop. The position requires working with a point-of-sales system, cash handling and diligence with end of day accounting. The Sales Associate reports to the Visitor Services and Gallery Shop Manager.
• Shop sales and taking admissions for Gallery entrance
• Enhancing customer engagement with merchandise
• Providing exemplary customer service, dealing with customer enquiries
• Processing shipping of merchandise from in store and online sales
• Inventory stock taking, processing stock within our POS system, labelling merchandise
• Merchandising and retail display
• Assist with events (Shop and Gallery)
• Two or more years retail experience
• Proven track record of providing exemplary customer service
• Understanding of Northwest Coast Art
• Well-developed communication skills and comfort working cross culturally
• Comfortable using point of sale systems, cash handling, and end of day accounting and reporting
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume by Friday, April 20th, 2018 to:
Visitor Services & Gallery Shop Manager
$15 - $16
Contact Name: Sonja Hebert
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 682-3455