Other Sights for Artists’ Projects (Other Sights)
Apr. 29, 2018
Since 2005, Other Sights has created a presence for art in spaces and sites that are accessible to a broad public such as the built environment, communications technologies, the media and the street. We are dedicated to challenging perceptions, encouraging discourse and promoting innovative perspectives about shared social spaces. Founded in 2005 in relation to the growing field of art in public space, Other Sights focuses on temporary projects that participate in the newest developments of public art practice - whether large-scale works by local or international artists, or more modest, intimate initiatives.
Our team of Producers consists of a skilled artistic and curatorial collective who bring many years of experience in producing temporary projects in public space. The Producer team includes Lorna Brown, Barbara Cole, Colin Griffiths, Vanessa Kwan, Marko Simcic, and Jen Weih.
Our annual program presents artworks created by the collective and/or invited artists, publications, events and activities that consider the aesthetic, economic and regulatory conditions of public places and public life. We work to develop unexpected exhibition platforms and provide support to artists, writers and curators to create temporary, critically rigorous work for highly visible public locations.
Other Sights gratefully acknowledges the Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations on whose ancestral and unceded territories we live and work.
Other Sights is seeking a part-time (60%) General Manager. Reporting to the Producer team, the General Manager will oversee administration and day-to-day operations of the organization. In consultation with the Producers, they will develop annual operating budgets, assess funding needs, and work toward yearly fundraising goals. The General Manager will liaise with consultant contractors and manage student assistants and volunteers.
Other Sights looks forward to welcoming a new individual who has an exceptional capacity for administration and enthusiasm for the work that our organization performs.
Other Sights strives for inclusion for all communities and for our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Indigenous, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age and abilities are encouraged to apply.
- General administration
- Attend Producers regular bi-weekly meetings and other extraordinary meetings as needed
- Develop and implement administrative systems for optimally efficient operations
- Develop annual operating budgets
- Manage project budgets
- Identify and assist with meeting fundraising goals
- Assist with grants, communicating with funders and final reporting
- Liaise with bookkeeper and accountant
- Assist with communications, announcements
- Maintain website
- Respond to inquiries and requests
- Expand, maintain membership database, process payments and proper acknowledgement, issue tax receipts and membership notifications
- Generate a variety of reports as required
- Recruit, coordinate and provide support to student assistants and volunteers
- University degree with experience in non-profit arts organization administration
- Interested in and knowledge of the arts and culture community
- Interested in visual and media art and events in public spaces
- Excellent writing skills, especially for external and funding audiences
- Takes initiative, very self-motivated
- Enjoys working in teams
- Understands project management
- Communicates clearly in collaborative environments
- Excellent organizational skills, strong business sense
- Proficient with business software, basic graphic design software, social media, WordPress
How to Apply:
Email a PDF with CV and cover letter outlining your qualifications and why you would like to work with Other Sights to email@example.com
Please indicate: “GM Search: Your Name” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is Sunday, April 29, 2018. 12:00 AM (midnight) Interviews will be scheduled between May 3 and 10. We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$24 to $28 dollars per hour commensurate with experience. 3 days per week, flexible schedule
Contact Name: Barbara Cole
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 604-928-2999