Smithers Gallery Association
The Smithers Art Gallery is a non-profit organisation at the heart of the local visual arts community whose mission is 'Creating Community Through Art'. The gallery has been in operation since 1971. Our exhibitions change every 4-5 weeks and showcase the work of local and regional artists in solo and group shows. The Gallery regularly offers artists' talks and demonstrations, art classes and workshops, community art events, summer art camps, and free drop-in art activities for kids.
The Smithers Art Gallery is looking for an energetic self-starter who will be responsible for the overall running of the Smithers Art Gallery as well as our satellite workshop location. She/he will liaise with the board, work with volunteers and provide public relations for the Gallery. The Gallery Manager will assist our transition to a potentially new location in the future. The Gallery Manager position is a year-round, full-time position. Hours are flexible and average 30 - 40 hours/week.
- General office, facility, exhibition and program management
- Supervise summer students, staff, and volunteers
- Work with and report to the Board of Directors.
- Assist with committees and oversee fundraising activities.
- Grant writing, meet reporting deadlines and compile Annual Report.
- Liaise with artists & instructors.
- Create a welcoming environment for the community and work with all age levels, including children.
- Market and promote the gallery through social, digital, and traditional media.
- Related bachelor’s degree or 2-year business administration diploma or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented with strong computer skills - membership and sales data management, spreadsheets, bookkeeping entries, graphic design and desktop publishing applications.etc.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Programming experience is an asset.
- Experience working with non-profit agencies is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Gallery Manager position” in the subject line. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
The wages range is from $18.75 - $24./hour and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org