City of New Westminster
Apr. 27, 2018
New Media Gallery is a public gallery, owned and operated by the City of New Westminster.
The new Learning Lab at the Anvil Centre is a unique, top of the line professional studio offering a growing collection of equipment necessary to deliver quality Arts & Technology programs and workshops (Mac computers, various modular technologies such as Little Bits, 3-D Printer & Scanner, Large Screen Monitor). The courses will take place in the Learning Lab and adjacent areas and instructors will have the ability to connect their classes to the exhibition programming of the New Media Gallery.
We are looking for dynamic Arts & Technology instructors to join our faculty and help develop our unique programs. You will design and deliver classes, workshops and/or day camps for children, youth and/or adults. Some specific duties will include suggesting unique workshops, developing curriculum and delivering high quality workshops, upholding the quality and professionalism of the Anvil Centre and New Media Gallery.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
• You have completed a post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent in visual arts with specific knowledge of contemporary art practice.
• You have a minimum of 3 years of previous teaching experience.
• You have experience with specific technologies and arts-based practices.
• You have considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and objectives of contemporary art education in cultural facilities.
• You have sound knowledge of non-formal teaching methods and techniques.
• You have excellent teaching, scheduling, and organizational skills.
• You have the ability to pass and maintain a Police Information Check.
How to Apply:
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #18-58, by April 27, 2018 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604) 527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
$33.08 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
Contact Name: Human Resources
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 527-4605