Apr. 23, 2018
VTSL, a non-profit registered charitable organization, began in 1980 and is now a local institution and a worldwide phenomenon, producing and staging some of the most daring and innovative improv in the world. Vancouver TheatreSports™ first opened their doors at the Back Alley Theatre, where they consistently drew cult-like, capacity crowds. We continue to wow audiences at The Improv Centre on Granville Island performing to more than 65,000 enthusiasts yearly, 6 nights a week, 52 weeks per year.
The names of VTS players and alumni are a veritable who's who of the North American entertainment and improv scenes, such as Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles (Whose Line is it Anyway), Nancy Robertson (Corner Gas) and Ellie Harvie (The New Addams Family).
In addition to shows at The Improv Centre, VTS performs at custom tailored shows for corporations, associations and non-for-profit organizations. We offer corporate training focused on enhancing teamwork, communication, creativity and innovation in the workplace. We are also dedicated to teaching youth about improv and tour throughout British Columbia performing for students of all ages.
Vancouver TheatreSports™ (VTS) is currently seeking an Audience Services Manager. The Audience Services Manager is responsible for ensuring a positive experience for our patrons by facilitating their safety and satisfaction while they are in our building. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
30 to 37.5 hours per week - evenings. This position will start in May 2018.
• Providing guests with a positive experience
• Scheduling and supervising staff
• Two years experience working in a management position
• Two years experience working in a live theatre venue
• Occupational First Aid Level 1 or higher
• Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office Suite
• Security experience an asset
• You are a good decision maker and strive to find practical, timely, creative solutions to problems that may arise quickly
• You have good leadership skills with the ability to be firm and goal oriented; you can delegate, inspire, and motivate your team
• You like to work in a fast paced environment; you have good time management skills and multi-task effectively; you are able to meet deadlines
• You are able to work independently while being accountable for the policy and guidelines set down by the company
• You have outstanding relationship building and communication skills
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume by e-mail to:
1515 Anderson Street, Vancouver, B.C., V6H 3R5
Attn: Audience Services Manager Position
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
$21.25 per hour
Contact Name: Rachelle Goulter
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 738-7013