Vancouver Heritage Foundation
Apr. 26, 2018
Vancouver Heritage Foundation is a non-profit organization that promotes the appreciation and conservation of historic places in Vancouver through public awareness, education and granting activities.
Vancouver Heritage Foundation (VHF) is seeking a student intern to join our Staff team as a Special Projects Research Assistant for 10 weeks starting mid-June or sooner. The role is 30 hours per week $14/hr, based in our downtown Vancouver office. VHF is seeking a current post-secondary student in history, heritage conservation, geography, planning, architecture or a related field.
You will contribute to two key resources for people to learn about Vancouver's heritage places - the Places That Matter Community History Resource and the Heritage Site Finder. In addition, you will have opportunity to assist with other VHF events and projects.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills for the purpose of conveying information to the general public, and fluency in written and oral English
- A genuine interest in history and built heritage
- Computer fluency with at a minimum Microsoft Office and familiarity with website editing (WordPress an asset).
- Organizational skills that include adhering to timelines and budgets, and record keeping
- Desire to work in a collegial and collaborative office environment
As this position is partly funded by the Young Canada Works program, the Research Assistant must meet the following criteria:
- A full-time student during the 2017/2018 academic year;
- Aged 16 – 30 years old at the start of employment;
- Continuing his/her studies in the 2018/2019 academic year;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or has refugee protection status;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Judith Mosley, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Contact Name: Judith Mosley
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 264-9642