Dunbar Ryerson United Church
May 4, 2018
A member of the United Church of Canada, Dunbar Ryerson United Church (soon to be Pacific Spirit United Church) is a west side church formed by the amalgamation of two long standing congregations: Dunbar Heights and Ryerson.
This is a full-time salaried position responsible for providing production and design assistance, worship support and communications for the church.
Overall: This position has three areas of responsibility: Worship production and technical support, Communications, and Arts support.
• Provides production support for worship: including initial creative planning, seasonal planning with the ministerial team, preparation of worship and audio-visual materials, liaison with worship leaders and music leaders, logistics, set-up and technical support during worship on both Sunday morning and early Wednesday evening.
• Coordinates, researches and prepares, using templates, the Order of Service Bulletin and Power Point slides for worship in consultation with ministerial team.
• Coordinates with worship volunteers, including the Communion Coordinator and lay worship coordinator to ensure all components of the service are organized and ready for worship. Ensures that sound, microphones, lighting, and projection equipment are in working order, and monitors the above during the service.
• Works with Ministerial Team, Arts Committee and volunteers to develop and install worship displays particularly for Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, and Pentecost.
• Ensures that relevant supplies are ordered.
• In consultation with the ministry team, lay leaders and administrative staff, oversees the sourcing and/or production of informational and promotional materials to increase awareness of worship services, congregational events, and other activities both within the congregation and the wider community. This could include brochures, banners, posters, notices, flyers, website and social media postings, media releases and advertising.
• Primary responsibility for maintaining and updating the congregational website and social media presence.
• Assists the ministerial team and lay leaders with the development and production of annual and other reports to the Congregation.
• Assists the Arts Committee and other volunteers in integrating the arts in worship and in congregational life.
• Assists the Arts Committee in planning and advertising Arts events for the congregation including excursions to concerts, theatre, movies, and art galleries.
• Some post-secondary education
• Education or experience in an arts or creative environment is desirable
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Some familiarity with worship practices of The United Church of Canada.
• Advanced computer skills, including Adobe, Word, PowerPoint, WordPress, Outlook, MailChimp and a willingness to explore and expand computer skills depending on the needs of the position
• Familiarity and experience with sound and projection equipment, including the ability to trouble shoot in the moment.
• Experience in a work setting with volunteer workers
• Ability to deal with interruptions while completing necessary tasks
• Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize assignments
• Comfortable working with a congregation and the wider public.
How to Apply:
Send Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting salary of $48,000 per annum. Provision for salary to increase after six months and one year. Benefits include MSP, health benefits package, and United Church of Canada pension plan.
Contact Name: Susan Dickson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 604-261-1339