Peninsula Productions Society
Jun. 1, 2018
NextGen is Peninsula Productions' Youth Theatre Company. We are a not-for-profit professional theatre company located in White Rock. We have been producing professional quality theatre for the past 8 years and have hired youth to perform and work with us for the past three summers.
NextGen is Peninsula Productions youth theatre company.
This summer the company will create/perform/collaborate/support/facilitate.
We are looking for creative young people who are eager to become an important part of the NextGen company.
We want to hear from you if you are a theatre maker with more than one skill. For example, you are an actor who does graphic design or a stage manager who loves to sing, or a dancer who understands the importance of social media. We want people who aren’t afraid of trying something new and have a desire to create and collaborate!
Some of the things you will be taking part in this summer are
• Supporting the mainstage show through
• Marketing – social media, poster distribution, promote at farmers market
• Off stage support – Front of house, ushers, backstage costume changes, props, running lights and sound.
• Design Assistance – helping the costume designer to source costumes, hanging lights for the lighting designer, sourcing props for the props designer.
• Producing your own show including researching and creating the play, marketing, designing, budgeting etc
To be eligible, students must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
• have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection for the duration of the employment
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being part of NextGen please send us a cover letter outlining why you would be an excellent member of the company. Tell us about your skills, your experience, and your creative aspirations!
****The application is open to all youth but we are particularly interested in hiring youth who are in underrepresented groups, including new immigrant youth/refugees, Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities and visible minorities.
$11.35 an hour 30 hours per week (depending on funding there is a possibility that this amount will increase) June 18th – August 17th – work times will vary