Indian Summer Arts Society
Indian Summer is a Vancouver-based non-profit arts society. Founded in 2011, we produce the annual multi-arts festival, Indian Summer, as well as program year-round events that aim to normalize diversity both on and off stage.
Indian Summer Festival strives for meaningful employment that reflects the range of diverse communities and interests that we speak to in our programming. We encourage applications from people of colour, Indigenous people, women, gender diverse people, queer people, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant people, and people with disabilities. Our office is regrettably not wheelchair accessible.
The Development Manager plays a critical role in ISAS's growth as a young and dynamic charitable arts organization. We are ambitious and well on our way to reaching our goal of $1 million in annual revenues by 2020.
You are passionate about the arts and inclusion, and are enthusiastic to match our artistic and organizational ambitions with the necessary financial resources. We are looking for a candidate with great energy and enthusiasm to build and execute strategic fundraising goals across government and private sectors, as well as with individuals and community leaders.
You are a strategic thinker with strong project management skills, the ability to work independently and with a team to meet tight deadlines. You will report to the Managing Director, work closely with the Artistic Director and Communications Manager, and manage a support team of contractors and seasonal staff.
- Developing revenue projections for the year and set fundraising goals and strategies (including major gifts, grants, special fundraising events and in-kind donations);
- Ensuring that the organization is raising the funds and in-kind support it requires to meet its strategic goals;
- Identifying funding opportunities (government bodies and foundations), and managing applications, relationships and reports;
- Building relationships with existing donors and sponsors, and ensuring a rich experience, inclusive of donor recognition, reward and feedback;
- Maintaining year-round communications with funders, including written reports, funder surveys and in-person meetings. Maintaining and fulfilling an accurate list of funder benefits;
- Working with the Communications Manager to create donor and sponsor-related communications materials, including solicitation and gift acknowledgement letters and reports;
- Preparing, presenting and fulfilling comprehensive and tailored sponsorship recognition/benefits and activating comprehensive sponsorship partnerships;
- Undertaking special fundraising events in the off-season (Spring and Autumn);
- Meeting personally with planned gift prospects, confirmed donors, and their advisors as required;
- Developing and implementing a donor relations and annual membership program;
- Establishing procedures for the tracking and qualifying of planned gift/major gift prospects and supporting these procedures through careful record keeping;
- Keeping informed about the development field generally, and especially the tax aspects of charitable gifts and new legislation and revenue rulings affecting such gifts; and
- Representing the organization at all donor related activities. This includes festival events, as well as other community events.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience, ideally in arts and/or charity
- Strong leadership, communications and project management skills
- Personable, articulate, respectful and professional
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- Invested in the South Asian community an asset
- Passionate about arts and culture in Vancouver as asset
- Knowledge of and commitment to diversity and inclusion practices is an asset
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Laura Byspalko at: laura(at)indiansummerfest(dot)ca with the position in the title, explaining why you're the perfect addition to our team.
$50,000-55,000 + benefits & flexibility
Contact Name: Laura Byspalko
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 283-9172