Arts Club Theatre Company
Apr. 23, 2018
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is accepting expressions of interest for a new role, Human Resources Generalist. The HR Generalist will work under the direction of the Manager of Administration and Executive Director and is responsible for implementing and initiating HR plans and policies. The scope of responsibility includes recruitment, contracting of personnel, orientation, benefit administration for the organization, employee satisfaction measurement, and other initiatives as the role develops. The ideal candidate will be a person who likes to collaborate but has an entrepreneurial spirit. You will strive to provide superior support and guidance to the employees of the Arts Club and will promote staff recognition, provide a strong focus on employee wellness, team building and bring forward best practices through strong HR policies and procedures.
Responsibilities to include but not exclusive to the following:
• Recruitment: job postings (reviewing or writing) posting to job sites for all salaried non-managerial and union positions. Vetting resumes and forwarding them to the appropriate department. Organizing interviews and being a participant in the interviews. Reference checks.
• Orientation: providing contracts and new hire packages. Conducting orientations tours and arranging enhanced orientations. Orders name tags and business cards. Contacts IT and Rentals to set up computer, email, keys and codes for new staff. Collects contact information for lists and outlook contacts.
• Exiting: interviews and debriefs departing employees.
• Benefit Administration: administers the benefits for BC medical and extended medical dental, insurance plan – orientating staff on benefits, added and deleting employees, as needed.
• Employee development: works with the Manager of Administration on strategies to provide training and professional development opportunities for staff.
• Staff Appreciation: works with the Manager of Administration and the Administrative Assistant on employee appreciation events.
• Works in collaboration with the Manager of Administration to strengthen and enliven human resources support for the organization.
• When needed the HR Generalist will fill-in for the Manager of Administration on administrative support for the Board of Directors and board committees.
• Sits as an alternate member on the Health and Safety committee.
• Assist in board administration
• Other duties in line with the scope of the position
• 2 years’ experience in an organization working in human resources.
• Experience in a non-profit environment is an asset.
• A diploma in Human Resources. CPHR designation is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to manage HR processes, such as performance management, and employee relations.
• An acute sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution and people management skills.
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Well-developed organization and time management skills.
How to Apply:
Compensation: This is full-time 40 hours a week position Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm. Salary is $55,000 per annum with health and dental benefits after three months. Salary is non-negotiable.
Please submit cover letter and resume by Monday, April 23, 2018.
Arts Club Theatre Company, Human Resources
Contact Name: Ms. Teddy Forsyth | Contact Email: email@example.com
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$55,000 per annum with health and dental benefits after three months. Salary is non-negotiable.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org