Vancouver Fringe Festival
Apr. 23, 2018
The Vancouver Fringe Festival, produced by the Vancouver Fringe Theatre Society, is BC’s largest theatre festival! Pursuing the vision of "Theatre for Everyone," the Fringe features unjuried, uncensored theatre of all kinds and for all audiences Sept. 6-16, 2018 at venues on and around Granville Island and across the city.
Eligibility: This position is funded through the Cultural Human Resources Council’s Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage program. Applicants must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada. (Note: Non-Canadian students or graduates holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.)
- be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory
- be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- not have another full-time job while employed in a YCW job.
A participant in the YCW BCH program must:
- be a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within 24 months of the start of employment;
- be unemployed or underemployed, i.e. not employed full-time;
- not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed in a YCW job;
- not have previously participated in or been paid under a YCW internship or any other Career Focus internships funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
- Create and design the “look and feel” of marketing materials using designated artwork
- Design and coordination of all Festival marketing materials including posters, print and web advertisements, passes, etc
- Layout and design of 64-page program guide
- Assemble and edit program guide content through effective communication with artists, sponsors, box office staff, and other departments
- Assistance with other marketing and fundraising initiatives including those related to ongoing Diversity Program
- Contributing to social media channels
- Assisting Junior Designer with design projects
- Other duties as required, including completion of a final report
- Proficiency in graphic design programs, particularly Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), and Microsoft Office Suite on a PC platform
- Experience in graphic design of communications or marketing materials is an asset
- Knowledge of pre-press file preparation
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of HTML, WordPress, video editing, photography, and social media an asset
- Interest and experience in working in the arts or not-for-profit sector is highly valued
- Demonstrated interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion is highly valued
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 23, 2018
Please note that suitable applicants may be contacted before the application deadline. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Vancouver Fringe Festival promotes equality in employment and encourages applications from the Government of Canada's job equity groups (i.e., women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples).
$14.50/hour based on a 37.5 hour work week
Contact Name: Debby Reis
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 257-0350