North Vancouver Museum & Archives
Apr. 23, 2018 (3:00 p.m.)
The North Vancouver Museum and Archives preserves historically valuable community records and artifacts; it makes them meaningful and accessible to the public by organizing exhibitions, delivering educational programs, caring for collections, and providing access to archival information. The Friends of the North Vancouver Museum & Archives Society is a registered charity and membership organization which helps to develop and maintain awareness of North Vancouver’s community history, while supporting and raising funds for the North Vancouver Museum & Archives, their programs, exhibits and other activities.
With construction underway for a new, state-of-the-art community museum in the vibrant Lower Lonsdale area of North Vancouver, the NVMA and its Charitable Organization, the Friends of NVMA Society, are undertaking a capital campaign of $2.5 million to enhance and equip the museum’s galleries, exhibits and programs. The new museum is slated to open in 2020. Working with dynamic and experienced Capital Campaign Cabinet volunteers, NVMA staff members, and a contracted Senior Campaign Counsel, the Fund Development Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative functioning of the campaign.
• Proactively research potential donors by creating donor profiles for fundraising volunteers
• Develop procedures for the input of campaign data into fund development database (eTapestry)
• Maintain campaign records and ensure all relevant relationship information is entered into database
• Prepare and present reports to the Campaign Cabinet on a regular basis
• Liaise and collaborate with staff and volunteers on-site at the NVMA administrative offices and attend Campaign Cabinet meetings
• Work with NVMA staff and campaign volunteers in preparing promotional and presentation materials, and donor correspondence and communications
• Attend special events in an ambassadorial and relationship-development capacity
Contract Term: The initial contract will be for a 4-month period, with an option to extend.
• Minimum 3-5 years of Fund Development experience
• Proven track record of prospecting and obtaining Major Gifts, and Cause Related Marketing Partnerships
• Experience working with volunteer fundraisers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior customer service attributes, a professional demeanor and a positive attitude
• Extremely well organized, flexible and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• A self-starter with a resourceful attitude
• High level of accountability and initiative
• Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with eTapestry Software (or similar CRM software), MS Outlook, Word and Excel
How to Apply:
Please apply to:
Laurel Lawry, Administrative Services Coordinator
North Vancouver Museum & Archives
3203 Institute Road
North Vancouver, BC V7K 3E5
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 604.987.5688.
Please state your full name and the word “Fund Development Administrator” in the subject line.
The North Vancouver Museum & Archives Commission is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position. All applications received prior to deadline will be reviewed, but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
$25-$30 per hour
Contact Name: Laurel Lawry
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 604-990-3700