Evergreen Cultural Centre
Jun. 7, 2018 (5:00 p.m.)
The Evergreen Cultural Centre, a registered charitable organization and not-for-profit society, opened its doors in October 1996 in the new Town Centre in Coquitlam, British Columbia. A shared vision of the City of Coquitlam, the Tri-City arts community, private business and senior government, it is a facility and organization committed to providing excellence in arts and culture. Evergreen is operated by the Evergreen Cultural Centre Society and governed by a Board of Directors. It is funded by the City of Coquitlam, as well as federal, provincial and foundation sources, box office revenue and corporate sponsorship. The centre houses a 257-seat, flexible black box theatre and a 1500 square foot public art gallery. The Rehearsal Studio and several art or meeting studios provide an additional 5000 square feet of space for Evergreen’s classes, workshops and rentals while the spacious glassed-in Lobby offers a spectacular view of Lafarge Lake. The Evergreen Cultural Centre presents a variety of arts programs including professional theatre, dance and music presentations, art exhibitions, arts education programs, and public programs for both children and adults, including arts camps. For young audiences it also produces its own family series and spring break festival. In addition, the centre is a venue for numerous community-based arts groups providing much needed rehearsal, performance and teaching space. In 2014, over 80,000 visitors came to the Evergreen Cultural Centre to participate in the many offerings throughout the year.
The Evergreen Cultural Centre (ECC) seeks and imaginative, resourceful and enthusiastic Public Programs Coordinator to participate in the development and delivery of the ECC’s public arts programs. Under the direction of the Visual Arts Manager and Education Coordinator, the Public Programs Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include developing and providing lunchtime activities for participants in the ECC’s hands-on performing and visual arts camps and support for camp program staff and volunteers. The Coordinator will also work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to manage the ECC’s participation in the City of Coquitlam’s Canada Day activities and other community events.
• Develop and lead creative, age-appropriate activities and provide direct supervision of summer camp participants during lunchtime break and for aftercare.
• Maintain public program facilities, materials and equipment for the duration of summer camps.
• Assist Education Coordinators and instructors with the preparation of special camp events.
• Assist staff and instructors with overall camp logistics, programming and documentation.
• Participate on relevant internal and external planning committees and support activities for the ECC’s participation in Canada Day and community events.
• General administrative duties.
The candidate will be a dynamic, creative, and resourceful individual with a demonstrated interest in public engagement and educational program planning and delivery in the arts.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated interest in public engagement and educational program planning and delivery for the visual and performing arts.
• Experience with child care and comfort working with children and youth in large group settings and one-on-one.
• Ability to work with audiences and participants of all ages and backgrounds.
• Knowledge of visual arts.
• Experience in education, recreation administration or in a camp environment is an asset.
• A valid criminal record check (or the availability to obtain one).
• First aid training is an asset.
This position is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
• be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada;
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• be a full-time student with the intention of returning to full time studies in the fall
• not have another full-time job and not attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to:
Katherine Dennis, Visual Arts Manager
Evergreen Cultural Centre, 1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam V3B 7Y3
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
$16.50 per hour
Contact Name: Katherine Dennis
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 927-6550