Jul. 15, 2018
EDAM (Experimental Dance and Music) is a registered charitable, not for profit contemporary dance company under the artistic directorship of Peter Bingham. Our mandate is to provide a stable and fertile environment for the development of contemporary dance through teaching, training and the creation and production of choreography and the art of contact improvisation.
EDAM Dance is seeking a part-time General Manager. Reporting to the Artistic Director, the General Manager will oversee the administration and day-to-day operations of both the EDAM Dance Company and the EDAM Dance Studio.
We are transitioning from our long term General Manager and seeking a passionate and innovative candidate to shepherd the Society through this important transitional period toward further growth and the fulfillment of the Society’s long-term vision, providing an opportunity for the ideal candidate to take on a vital and visionary role of leadership and guidance within the organization.
The position will be 21 hours/week for 48 weeks providing the successful candidate with the opportunity to design their own flexible working schedule. Start date is negotiable, but the company starts back September 1st.
Our ideal candidate has strengths in administration and in artistic development and is interested in playing a central role in in the company’s activities and future development.
• In consultation with the Artistic Director, assist with planning the Company’s projects, activities and schedules
• Develop budgets and oversee the financial management of the Company’s activities and the EDAM Dance studio
• Write grants and reports, liaising with the three levels of government, foundation and private funding agencies as required
• Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities
• Organize the Company’s publicity campaigns, manage social media
• Working with the Artistic Director, Technical Director and Front of House Manager, assist with the organization and production of in-house shows
• Manage the studio’s rental program
• Payroll and banking
• Negotiate and prepare contracts for Artists, Technical and FOH staff
• Maintain and develop the Company’s public profile: Website, Facebook and Twitter
• Implement and maintain administrative systems for the efficient operation of the Company
• Liaise with bookkeeper monthly to organize and oversee the annual audit. Ensure the completion of all required financial reporting.
• Perform other general administrative duties as required, including responding to public enquiries, liaising with the Western Front and with part-time contractors/building maintenance employees, paying bills, assisting with the administration of classes etc.
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/voluntary organizations
• Experience in a dynamic, hands on, administrative role
• Experience in the conception, development, and implementation of the artistic vision and mission of a dance company
• Knowledge of and/or experience in the application processes for municipal, provincial, and federal grants or the interest in learning
• Financial literacy and budget management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Dreamweaver (or ability to learn), familiarity with Mailchimp
• Experience in human resources management
• Experience in project management
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
• Cover letter (max 750 words) explaining why this position excites you and why you are our ideal candidate
• Links to any relatable work you have done
$28,000-$33000 depending on experience
Contact Name: Linda Blankstein
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 876-9559