Emerge at The Reach - The Reach Gallery Museum Abbotsford
Jun. 28, 2018
The Emerge at The Reach program provides inter-generational training and mentorship of young artists and arts professionals; networking and professional development opportunities for young people with an interest in arts and culture, and builds sectoral sustainability in the Fraser Valley by supporting growth and artistic excellence in regional emerging artists.
Emerge at The Reach is currently seeking a Curator for Art on Demand Fall/Winter Exhibition. This opportunity is ideal for university students and emerging professionals ages 18-35 who are looking for curatorial experience. The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Director, Curator and Assistant Curator at The Reach. The candidate will be mentored in all aspects of exhibition development, presentation and curatorial writing, and will receive a $300 honorarium.
Art on Demand is a series of exhibitions in a flexible space that features the work of Emerge artists and curators. The Emerge program functions as a “gallery within a gallery” allowing its members the opportunity to gain practical experience and exposure to the arts and culture sector. This initiative gives members of Emerge the opportunity to display their artwork or curate in a professional publicly funded gallery, gain hands-on experience, and build professional networks.
• Assisting in marketing for both the call and exhibition
• Conducting studio tour(s) with Emerge artists
• Selecting and working with chosen artist(s)
• Planning exhibition design and logistics
• Installing the exhibition
• Supplying all written content for the exhibition (curatorial statement, exhibition brochure content)
• Attending the exhibition opening
• Must be between the ages of 18-35
• Have an interest in contemporary art and curation
• Previous curatorial experience valuable but not required
How to Apply:
• You must be between the ages of 18 and 35. If selected the candidate must join the Emerge program
membership ($25 annual fee) Visit www.thereach.ca/emerge for more information.
• A short bio (no more than 50 words)
• An curatorial statement that outlines your interest in curatorial practice and any previous experience
• An curriculum vitae no more than one page in length outlining your education, exhibition and/or curatorial history,
publications and any other related work experience
• One piece of writing related to curatorial practice (this could be an essay or paper from a relevant academic course, an exhibition/film/book review, curatorial essay, or similar text which demonstrates your ability as a writer)
• Please include Your Name_Emerge Application in the subject line
All submissions must be in pdf format and emailed to email@example.com by 11:59pm on Thursday, June 28, 2018
Applicants will be notified no later than July 10 if their application has been successful.
For more information on the current and upcoming exhibitions and related programming visit: thereach.ca/emerge or call 604-864-8087.
Contact Name: Kate Bradford
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 604-864-8087