Place des Arts
Jun. 29, 2018
Place des Arts provides quality arts education in visual arts, music, dance and drama for all ages and skill levels. We offer a friendly, non-competitive environment where students are encouraged to learn and to develop an appreciation of the arts.
Place des Arts is seeking enthusiastic and qualified Ceramics and Sculpture Instructors who are passionate about teaching and interacts well with all ages.
We are seeking committed, qualified candidate(s) to teach the following classes:
• Clay, sculpture, and model building summer camp classes to children and teens during July and August 2018
• Completion of a post-secondary education in visual arts, or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum of 2-years teaching experience working with students of various ages and abilities
ATTRIBUTES AND ASSETS
• Ability to communicate and interact positively with students
• Highly responsible and punctual
• Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
• Eager to participate in, and contribute to, our vibrant centre
How to Apply:
All submissions should include the following information
1. Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
2. Cover letter and résumé including previous teaching experience and personal teaching philosophy
3. Appropriate supporting materials: i.e., pictures, portfolio, videos, etc.
Instructors are contracted to a self-employment agreement. Place des Arts coordinates studio space, scheduling, registration and program promotions. All Place des Arts instructors are required to obtain and provide a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector check prior to teaching at Place des Arts.
Please visit our website http://www.placedesarts.ca for general information regarding the centre.
Send your application c/o Kim Correia, Fine and Performing Arts and Exhibitions Programmer, by 4:00pm on June 29, 2018. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Mail: 1120 Brunette Ave, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1G2
$40 per hour
Contact Name: Kim Correia
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 664-1636