Cineworks Independent Filmmakers Society
Aug. 10, 2018
Cineworks is an artist-run production and exhibition centre that supports independent filmmakers and media artists. Through initiatives that foster dialogue and experimentation with cinematic practices, we engage our membership and the broader community through the transformative power of the moving image and the changing role of film in its contemporary context.
Role of the Executive Director:
The role of the Executive Director is to advance the organization by leading a diverse team who together represent the needs of the membership and fulfill the mandate of the organization.
This role reports to the Cineworks Board of Directors
Fundraising and Finance
- Apply to, and report on, grants from federal, provincial and municipal bodies
- Raise funds through membership, sponsorship and foundation initiatives to meet fundraising targets set through an annual budgeting process with support from the Finance Committee
- Maintain financial accountability by developing and managing organizational budget and cash flow, working with a bookkeeper and treasurer and reporting regularly to the Board of Directors
- Maintain current and build new relationships with funders and partners
Operations and Administration
- Develop and manage a critical path for year-round activities
- Manage, analyze and update organizational systems (eg. staff meeting procedures, training procedures, etc.) to ensure efficiency and accuracy;
- Support the Chair of the Board of Directors by assisting with agendas and materials for Board meetings
- Oversee and contribute to the development of an organizational debrief at the annual general meeting
- Participate in and manage board and volunteer committees as necessary;
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the organization’s database systems.
- Manage and provide leadership to all staff; manage personnel issues, including supervising, delegating, hiring, terminating, running staff meetings, training and conducting performance reviews;
- Manage and supervise the operations of the organization including fielding external requests from stakeholders, funders and the public, disseminating information internally and externally, and ensuring that deadlines are being met;
- Work with the Program Director to ensure effective execution of programming activities, panels, events, community outreach, special projects, and industry initiatives in accordance with annual strategic priorities;
- Work with the Program Director to ensure that all programming reflects the mission, goals and values of -----Cineworks and aligns with our strategic priorities.
Partnerships and Profile
- Represent Cineworks within Vancouver’s cultural ecology
- Network with community partners
- Develop and manage marketing, publicity and outreach initiatives
- Enhance the educational programming and volunteer programs for the organization’s year-round initiatives
- Relevant educational and/or work background and experience in not-for-profit sector, film and media fields;
- Excellent skills in grant writing and fundraising;
- Background in community-based work;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with non-profit boards and board development initiatives;
- Organized, ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- High level of computer literacy (word processing, email, web content management, spreadsheets, accounting programs);
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit media arts community and event coordination/film festivals a strong asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resumé by August 10th to: firstname.lastname@example.org
$46-55K (30–40 hours per week)
Contact Email: email@example.com