Sep. 14, 2018
Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts.
Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland.
We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
The Development Manager is responsible for advancing Gateway Theatre’s mission by generating revenue from grants, donations, and sponsorships.
In addition, the Development Manager is a member of the Gateway’s management team who collaborate to support the long term goals of the organization.
Employment dates are December 3, 2018 to January 10, 2020.
- Preparing and executing annual fundraising plans for
- Individual donors
- Corporate donors and sponsors
- Collaborate with board members in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects
- Plan and execute Development events
- Supervise, develop and evaluate the Development Associate and Development Intern
- Attend internal and external meetings, plus networking and community events
- Keep abreast of fundraising industry developments and best-practices
- At least 3-5 years’ prior experience in fundraising, ideally in an arts and culture environment
- Experience with campaign and event planning
- An enthusiasm for relationship-building and offering high-level customer service to sponsors and donors
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage others and delegate work
- A collaborative, innovative and flexible approach to work
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset
Any offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory documentation demonstrating that the candidate is legally permitted to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency or current open work permit).
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Camilla Tibbs email@example.com
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
$44,000 - $46,000 per annum plus 4% vacation pay
Job status: Part-time fixed term. Hours of work are 30 per week; office hours with occasional evenings and weekends.
Contact Name: Camilla Tibbs
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 604-270-6500