Place des Arts
Mar. 6, 2019
Founded in 1972, Place des Arts is a not-for-profit arts education centre with a mission to inspire the artist in everyone. Located in the historic Maillardville neighbourhood of Coquitlam, we offer quality instruction for all ages and skill levels in the visual, literary and performing arts.
Full‐time, 6‐week contract Monday to Friday (subject to Canada Summer Jobs funding)
Start date: July 2, 2019
Rate: $20/hr (37.5‐hour work week)
Reporting to the Summer Fun lead programmer and working directly with the Summer Fun Art Camp Coordinator, the Summer Fun Education Assistant will assist Place des Arts staff and teachers in supporting camp participants with special needs, English Language Learners (ELLs) and/or behaviour challenges.
• Work with the Summer Fun lead programmer to identify students needing extra support, and cooperatively determine strategies to ensure the identified students are supported to learn and participate
• Assist students who require positive behaviour support in the classroom and during breaks, lunch periods and aftercare
• Provide verbal status reports regarding student support to the Summer Fun lead programmer
• Reinforce Place des Arts “FISH” policy behaviour values: Follow Instructions, Include Everyone, Show Respect and Help Each Other
• Work with the Summer Fun lead programmer to assist and provide support to Student Support Volunteers
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
• Completion or working toward completion of a Special Education Assistant Certificate/Diploma Program or a related field from an accredited college/institute
• Experience working in special education and/or child care
• Experience working with children with autism, special needs and behaviour challenges
• Experience working with English Language Learners (ELLs)
• Experience working in a non-profit organization an asset
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and enhance collaborative relationships
• Must have valid First Aid Certification by position start date
• Must have a police information check completed by position start date
To be eligible, participants must:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply:
Please submit a résumé with cover letter and references by March 6, 2019 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, 1120 Brunette Avenue, Coquitlam, BC V3K 1G2
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
$20 / hr
Contact Name: Casey McCarthy
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 664-1636