Vancouver Fringe Festival
Mar. 31, 2019
The Vancouver Fringe Theatre Society produces the Vancouver Fringe Festival, BC’s largest theatre festival! Pursuing the vision of "Theatre for Everyone," the Fringe Festival features unjuried, uncensored theatre of all kinds for all audiences. The 2019 Festival will take place September 5-15 at venues on and around Granville Island and across the city. The Vancouver Fringe Theatre Society also operates Theatre Wire which offers year-round tickets, packages, and info about independent theatre in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Artist Services Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of and communication with the Festival’s artists, with a special focus on publicity and promotion, as well as the organization of the Fringe Info Centre. This is a seasonal position, beginning on May 6, 2019 and finishing on September 27, 2019.
• Coordinating all artist communication including bi-weekly email newsletters and artist pages on the Fringe website
• Monitoring the online Artist Forum
• Artist promotion, including coordinating marketing workshops for artists, working with the Fringe Marketing Department on targeted press releases and media interviews with artists, and linking to reviews and press coverage on the Fringe website and social media
• Liaising with all Fringe departments to gather information for artists and to communicate any changes in show schedules, etc.
• Coordinating a billet program for artists
• Responding to phone and email inquiries from over 100 Fringe artists
• Maintaining the artist database
• Organizing the Fringe Info Centre/Artist Green Room, including liaising with Box Office Manager on physical layout and staff training, supervising Info Centre volunteers, and updating the media wall
• Creating artist welcome packages
• Maintaining a presence in the Info Centre before and during the Festival to answer artists’ questions and assist in general Box Office/Info Centre operations
• Coordinating artist check-in, comp ticket bookings, and pickup of artist payouts
• Other duties as required, including preparation and delivery of a final report
• Excellent interpersonal abilities, including strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to meet deadlines
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office required; database and/or website and social media knowledge an asset
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work flexible hours and a capacity for working under pressure
• Experience working on special events and/or working with volunteers an asset
• Passion for the arts and an awareness of the not-for-profit environment
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to Samantha Kannegieter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line of your email.
$14.50/hr based on a 37.5 hour work week.
Contact Name: Samantha Kannegieter
Contact Email: email@example.com