City of Surrey Civic Theatres
Apr. 7, 2019
Providing the focal point for the performing arts in Surrey, the Civic Theatres are comprised of three performance spaces:
• The Surrey Arts Centre’s 405-seat Main Stage is a traditional proscenium stage and fly gallery located at Surrey Arts Centre. The theatre is the principle rental space for performing arts groups from Surrey and its surrounding communities.
• The 129-seat Studio Theatre was completed in 2002, as part of a larger renovation project at the Surrey Arts Centre. Characterized as a black box theatre, the seating is fully retractable, which allows for a wide range of configurations and uses, from traditional theatre settings to cabaret style performances and meetings.
• Centre Stage, which opened its doors in April 2014, is located in the Council Chambers at Surrey’s City Hall. The space can be converted from the Council meeting space into a 200- seat performance theatre complete with state of the art sound, lighting and audio-visual equipment and raised stage area.
• The CSA 3 Theatre Technician position provides an opportunity to work with a skilled team of theatre professionals in the facilitation of all aspects of technical production work for SCT (Surrey Arts Centre Main Stage and Studio and Centre Stage at Surrey City Hall).
• SCT Technicians will also have the opportunity to provide production support for the Surrey International Children’s Festival which takes place annually in May in Bear Creek Park and the Surrey Arts Centre on 3 indoor and 2 outdoor covered stages.
• In addition to facilitating events and productions SCT Technicians are responsible for a variety of ongoing maintenance projects in all three of the SCT venues.
• Completion of grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognized institution.
• Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR.
• 2 years related experience in performing arts production or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
• Please indicate on your resume specific models of lighting/sound consoles on which you have operating experience/training.
• Festival and special event experience would be an asset.
• This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2805 Posting will remain posted until April 7, 2019.
$26.43/hour (including 16% in lieu of benefits)
Contact Name: City of Surrey Human Resources
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 591-4660