Langley Arts Council
The Langley Arts Council is a non-profit community-based arts organization. Our organization is continually developing new and innovative programs in a variety of artistic disciplines, including culinary, visual art, 3-D art, and performing art. In addition to providing learning opportunities and encouraging all art forms, the Langley Arts Council hosts a number of events and workshops throughout the year.
The Langley Arts Council has an ongoing need for dynamic, creative and experienced art instructors in various disciplines. We are currently accepting applications in disciples such as; culinary arts, performing arts, photography, painting, visual arts, music etc. Spring and Summer Programming is being developed for all ages, so bring your ideas and passion!
The position will be contractual and will operate out of the Langley Arts Council located inside the Aldergrove Kinsman Community Center and will require a flexible schedule as well as your own transportation.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis for current and future consideration.
• Delivers / teaches art programming to students of various ages. Responsible for providing all necessary program supplies, along with general set-up and clean-up, before and after programs.
• Prepares program plans for specialized art programs as requested, including developing program material resources (such as examples, worksheets, digital presentations) and preparing activities.
• Organizes structure of programs.
• Monitors progress of students, provides assistance and encouragement, and paces programs to meet students’ needs.
• Maintain clear communication with internal staff.
• Provide class outlines, lesson plans, and materials lists to Arts Coordinator at least two weeks before class is scheduled to begin.
• Have a natural ability to interact and communicate effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Demonstrate a pleasant and professional manner.
• Able to work independently with minimal oversight.
• Successful candidate will need a reliable source of transportation.
• Flexible schedule
• A Criminal Record Check will be required prior to any in-class sessions being delivered.
Previous experience teaching your specific art form to various age ranges.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and ideas to Nicole Hutton at email@example.com
instructors set their own rates, in consultation with the Langley Arts Council, and share revenue with the following split:
First class registration fee split 50/50 between Langley Arts Council and Contractor
2nd - 4th class registration fee goes to the Contractor
5th + class registrations split 50/50 between Langley Arts Council and Contractor
Contact Name: Nicole Hutton
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 534-0781