Craft Council of BC
May 10, 2019
Craft Council of British Columbia’s is a charitable arts service organization which supports all stages of artistic practice in the craft sector; creates opportunities for artists to exhibit, sell and produce art; provides a voice for artists and craft organizations and aids in the development of active communities around craft.
The Citizens of Craft program was developed by the Canadian Crafts Federation to increase Canadian's understanding of and engagement with craft in its’ many forms. Ponder Craft & Design program was developed by CCBC to increase the public's technical knowledge of craft and how they can incorporate it into everyday life not just at Christmas.
The position will start May 27 - August 23 and is located on Granville Island.
Hours are Mon-Fri 10am-5:30pm
• research programming offered by each of BC's regional/community art councils
• assess how best to integrate the Citizens of Craft into existing programs
• produce an introduction package to give to regional/community art councils around Citizens of Craft and Craft Year 2020
• disseminate the packages and follow-up with councils
• assess how many arts councils plan to use the Citizens of Craft and they plan to use it
• research all BC cultural festivals that offer craft or craft making as a part of their festivals
• provide artist demonstration support
• assist in other ongoing tasks as needed
• Arts, community heritage, education and/or cultural programming
• Currently in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of program
• Some experience with community development, or working in the not-for-profit sector
• Strong interest and passion for craft and heritage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Competent and competent computer literacy skills
• Ability to use own initiative in problem solving and also know when to ask for help
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Social media skills would be an asset
• Project management skills would be an asset
• Must be ok to work alongside our office dog.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
$15/hr 35 hours/week for 13 weeks
Contact Name: Raine Mckay
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 687-6511