Vancouver International Film Festival Society
Aug. 16, 2019
Founded in 1982, The Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society (VIFF) is a not-for-profit cultural organization that operates the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival, the annual Industry Conference and the year-round programming of the Vancity Theatre.
Reporting to the Box Office Coordinator, the Festival Cashier is responsible for selling tickets, ticket packs, passes, and memberships to festival patrons.
Box office operations:
• Create a welcoming work environment for all VIFF team members.
• Proficient use of AudienceView Ticketing System to sell memberships, tickets, ticket packs, and
passes to VIFF patrons.
• Cash handling and reconciliation.
• Set up and take down box office workstations and equipment as required.
• Supervision of box office volunteers.
• Assist Venue Managers and Box Office Coordinator as required.
• Ensure that work stations are kept tidy and professional.
• Ensure that VIFF opening and closing procedures are being followed.
• Ensure that VIFF customer experience policies are being followed.
• Create a welcoming environment for VIFF members. .
• Assist members with ticket selection, resetting passwords, film information, and other inquiries as
• Communicate festival updates to box office volunteers.
• Assist Box Office Coordinator with daily box office reconciliations (as required).
• Communicate all member feedback to Venue Managers and Box Office Coordinator.
Pre-Festival and Post-Festival:
• Attend mandatory pre-festival training sessions.
• Assist with venue load-in and strike (as required).
• Attend post-festival debrief meeting (as required).
• Exceptional communication abilities. Bilingualism is an asset.
• Experience working with large teams and maintaining grace under pressure. Experience working
with volunteers is an asset.
• Demonstrated commitment to the customer service experience.
• Familiarity with Shiftboard, AudienceView and Mircrosoft Office programs is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 16, 2019 with the subject line FESTIVAL CASHIER.
Many thanks in advance for your interest in the Vancouver International Film Festival and the Vancity Theatre.
Contact Name: Sean Wilson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 685-0260