Vancouver International Film Festival
Aug. 16, 2019
Founded in 1982, The Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society (VIFF) is a not-for-profit cultural organization that operates the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival, the annual Industry Conference and the year-round programming of the Vancity Theatre.
Reporting to the Exhibitions Coordinator, in communication and in collaboration with VIFF Operations Team, venue representatives, and volunteers, the Venue Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of festival venue operations to ensure an exceptional Vancouver International Film Festival customer experience.
Leading the Team:
• Create a welcoming work environment for all VIFF Team Members.
• Ensure that team members arrive for shifts on-time and prepared to work
• Ensure that team members have the training, communications, and tools that they need to open on-
time and perform adequately.
• Be in communication with all team members (volunteers and cashiers) regarding team successes,
team challenges, and performance issues.
• Ensure the daily documentation of shift performance evaluations.
• Communicate any performance issues with volunteers to the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
• Assist team members with challenges as they occur.
Overseeing venue operations:
• Ensure VIFF opening and closing procedures are followed.
• Ensure that volunteers are prepared to work in the assigned positions (scanning, line management,
information table, ushering).
• Act as a communication nexus between venue staff, technical services, volunteers, cashiers, VIFF
Management, and other VIFF VIP.
• Ensure that all communication devices are checked regularly.
• Ensure that the venue marketing and sponsorship plans are being followed.
• Oversee box office operations.
• Consistently complete end of night cash management and reporting procedures.
• Read pre-screening announcements to audience members at the start of each show.
Pre-Festival and Post-Festival:
• Attend mandatory venue manager pre-festival training sessions.
• Assist with venue load-in and strike (as required).
• Attend pre-festival volunteer orientation sessions.
• Attend post-festival debrief meeting
• Exceptional communication abilities. Bilingualism is an asset.
• Experience working with large teams and maintaining grace under pressure. Experience working
with volunteers is an asset.
• Demonstrated commitment to the customer service experience.
• The ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
• Comfort with modern technology (tablets, laptops, scanners, smart phones).
• Familiarity with Shiftboard or AudienceView programs is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2019 with the subject line EXHIBITIONS VENUE MANAGER.
Many thanks in advance for your interest in the Vancouver International Film Festival and the Vancity Theatre.
Contact Name: Frances Fee
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 685-0260