Eponymous / Vancouver New Music Society
Aug. 30, 2019
Founded in 1973, Vancouver New Music engages communities in the exploration, creation, and experience of progressive and outstanding new music. VNM is dedicated to exploring and contextualizing new music and sonic art, through concert presentations, festival, community, and workshop events. VNM presents an annual festival that focuses each year on a theme within the new music landscape, and explores the interaction of contemporary music with other disciplines such as theatre, installation and media arts. Other activities include lectures and workshops with visiting artists, ensemble workshops and presentations open to the community, and other sound art and new music related community events.
Eponymous is a Vancouver-based arts and cultural management agency supporting and promoting high calibre creative work in a range of artistic disciplines and cultural areas. Utilizing a cluster management model, Eponymous offers representation and specialized services to national and international touring artists and arts organizations engaged in innovative artistic endeavours.
Eponymous is seeking a part-time Artist Services and Communications Coordinator to work with Vancouver New Music. Reporting to the Managing Producer and Artistic Director, The Artist Services and Communications Coordinator works with the programming team to coordinate artists, volunteers, and front of house services for Vancouver New Music concerts and events. The Artist Services and Communications Coordinator also manages the day-to-day functions of the Vancouver New Music office to ensure its efficient operation. The position is a part-time (15 hours per week). The schedule is based on activity, but typically involves 1.5 to 2 days per week in the office plus evening work at concerts and events.
• artist relations including: booking travel, accommodation, creating letters of invitation, assisting with contract preparations
• volunteer management
• box office & ticketing preparation and coordination
• front of house and merchandise coordination
• workshop coordination
• layout and printing of house programs
• assisting with marketing and communications functions such as: distribution of promotional materials, social media, etc.
• tracking event statistics
• assisting with grant applications and reporting
• managing office activities such as mail, phones, and email
• have relevant education and/or at least 3 years of experience working in the non-profit arts sector
• be highly organized
• able to work independently and manage his/her time
• be a competent user of computer software packages including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as online communication tools such as Mail Chimp
• be able to manage both electronic and paper filing systems
• have an understanding of presenting performing artists
• have exceptional writing/communications skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eponymous fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages candidates of any ethnicity, orientation, and affiliation to apply.
$19 - $22 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Contact Name: Jason Dubois
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 633-0861