Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Since opening in 1984, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in Metro Vancouver. We serve the city through live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for the incumbent to learn how to create cohesive and on-brand communication pieces that follow an organization’s existing design concepts and branding. Reporting to the Marketing & Sales Manager and working closely with the Marketing Associate, the Graphic Designer will help execute the department’s design needs for our Signature Series. The position is temporary, part-time, approximately 15 hours per month (September 2019 to April 2020).
• Create various promotional materials, such as newspaper ads, social media graphics, and newsletter images, of varying sizes by reconfiguring existing design concepts
• Depending on successful results, the scope of work may expand to include other projects in future
• Other duties as required
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Highly detail-oriented with a passion for quality
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, and must be deadline driven
• Passionate about graphic design and possess a strong understanding of visual composition
• An enthusiasm for the performing arts
• Post-secondary students in a related program are encouraged to apply
• Post‐secondary training in Graphic Design, Marketing or Communications
• Fluency in Chinese
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume in a single PDF file outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com. If you wish to include work samples in your application, please attach a separate PDF of 2MB maximum. Deadline: Open until position is filled.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No faxes or phone calls please.
$20 per hour
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org